Recently nerfed Powerjack vs Axtinguisher

CecilyLovesYou<3™

Which one do you prefer?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you prefer using?

• Powerjack
    • Axtinguisher

So which one do you prefer still, after the Gun Mettle update?

Stats for the Powerjack currently:

When weapon is active:

+15% faster movement speed on wearer

+25 hp restored on kill

20% damage vulnerability on wearer

For the axtinguisher:

100% critical hits from burning players from behind

Mini-crits burning players from the front

No random critical hits

-50% damage vs non-burning players

So what are your thoughts on this? Which one do you still prefer on using?

Unneeded nerf, lmao.

Pyro and Heavy needed buffs if anything.

Glad heavy got some love

Hard to say without testing

The speed bonus on the Powerjack still make it a useful weapon. The health benefit was just too much IMO & glad it was lowered.

I don't understand Valve's moderation for the Pyro though. Continuously nerfing him when 'competitively speaking" doesn't have good uses anyway & give classes afterburn immunity weapons + secondaries to remove it (secondaries are fine but the Spy-cicle 10 second immunity practically make spychecking virtual impossible so I can't really see a lot going for the Pyro now)

I kind of get the impression that maybe they don't want the Pyro to be used in competitive gameplay? I'm still mad random crits are still in the game >:'/

Unneeded nerf, lmao.

Glad heavy got some love

They really should add a class limit. Too many servers I joined just had heavies left & right.

After the huge Axtinguisher nerf to only minicrit from behind, the Powerjack was the logical choice. It was all about the speed boost, and the 75 health was justified for the damage increase taken. 

Now with only 25 health I don't know if it's worth it. I might go back to the Axtinguisher. 

Unneeded nerf, lmao.

Glad heavy got some love

Hard to say without testing

Lol, pyro needing a buff, are you insane?

Lol, pyro needing a buff, are you insane?

No, he probably just doesn't play on 24/7 Dustbowl or 2fort or whatever servers against people with 80 hours.

A pyro's job in Highlander is to blast back ubers, reflect projectiles, look for spies, and if your engie is running level 3s the remove sappers. Being able to extinguish teammates isn't even super valuable because it's unlikely your teammates are charging straight at a pyro which is the only way a pyro can really inflict damage.

The 2011 W M1 pyro is now the W M2 pyro.

No, he probably just doesn't play on 24/7 Dustbowl or 2fort or whatever servers against people with 80 hours.

A pyro's job in Highlander is to blast back ubers, reflect projectiles, look for spies, and if your engie is running level 3s the remove sappers. Being able to extinguish teammates isn't even super valuable because it's unlikely your teammates are charging straight at a pyro which is the only way a pyro can really inflict damage.

The 2011 W M1 pyro is now the W M2 pyro.

Highlander is a joke, lol. Regardless, pyro has access to airblast, which in its current state is terribly broken. Not to mention literally all of his secondaries besides stock have some silly crit gimmick. Taking away the ability to kill someone with melee and get an absurd 75 fucking health was called for. Besides, the detonator got a buff, enjoy the fact that they made the most broken class better

The Powerjack NEEDED the nerf.

What DOES need a nerf is the new Scorch Shot. It's a F2P's dream.

The Powerjack NEEDED the nerf.

What DOES need a nerf is the new Scorch Shot. It's a F2P's dream.

I want to test the new scorch shot, it seemed to good to be true.

@Cecily, I will still use powerjack because when I'm that close to an enemy I just prefer to have my flamer out anyway.

Posted · Hidden by OverduePixels, July 6, 2015 - Spam
Hidden by OverduePixels, July 6, 2015 - Spam

is OP autistic, no seriously, i wanna know

Who uses Secondary and Melee weapons anyway? #WM1MasterRace

Unnecessary nerf, but I almost never use it nor the Axe anyway. Still prefer the Axe though.

That's so sad, It's funny

That's so sad, it's funny.

Archived