Possible unbalances with weapon dropping

Rakin!

When I first saw that tf2 will now let you pick up dropped weapons of the enemy, my first thought was "wow, medic will be very broken if they don't do this right." my thinking about this is let's say you're in a competitive match and you manage to get the enemy medic to die with full Uber, would I as my teams medic be able to pick up the enemy medigun and use that Uber? Effectively creating a double Uber back to back if done right. Not only gameplay will be affected but ascetics too because medic is the only class that has team colored default weapons so wouldn't cause a little confusion on what team you're on? Once the update comes out I'll be getting some buddies of mine to test these questions. Any other possible unbalances you could see happening?

No. 

Picking up a weapon doesn't mean you're magically going to have full uber on the weapon. You'll still need to build charge from 0%. 

No. 

Picking up a weapon doesn't mean you're magically going to have full uber on the weapon. You'll still need to build charge from 0%. 

You don't know for sure

If you kill an Eyelander Demoman with your own Eyelander you get his heads too, this might have transferred over to weapon pickup

No. 

What leads you to believe that? The use of the word "exchange" makes me think that we will be "exchanging" weapons and if we take a look at how they do it in csgo we will see that we are effectively "exchanging" weapons where if the guy before you used every bullet then you won't have every bullet back in the gun so why not mediguns retain uber?

$10 says that Delfy/OG will find an exploit relating to weapon pickups.

Full uber on pickup of a new medigun sounds a bit unrealistic, as the ubercharge is stored in the backpack on the medic's back and not in the medigun itself.

What if a friendly med drops fully charged kritzkrieg and you uber + quickswitch both weapons?

Ubered crits...

I love how you all care so much about picking up ubercharges, but nothing about popping Kritz on mid to drop their med before they can build a stock uber and then picking up a regular medi gun. That would be insanely overpowered.

Other weapons I will be testing are:

Air strike (killstreak retained)

Eye lander (heads retained)

Frontier justice (crits retained)

Gunslinger (if your sentry gets destroyed upon pickup)

Bazaar bargain (heads retained)

Any other requests to test?

You don't know for sure

If you kill an Eyelander Demoman with your own Eyelander you get his heads too, this might have transferred over to weapon pickup

well teh medic uber is stored in his backpack

Archived