How will the new update affect Australiums

Desertbuggy

Just worried with how the upcoming update involving the new weapons will effect the Australium market

I would be more worried about stranges. the fuck are they gonna do with those? :/ And also, Aussie's are still rare.

They will die, finally

But if they go, the SFs will go too

As well as Botkillers

Australiums will probably drop a little, judging by the fact that people still hype for skins and stuff

Botkillers and regular stranges suffer most because there is no point of having them, the new skins are a straight upgrade

new skins look like shit, australiums don't.

aussies will probably rip because of people trying to cash out of them in fear

aussies will always be a great reskin

What are gonna do with stranges? Most people that don't have a massive wallet will still use them. I know I sure will. Actually, this will be great for me since the new skins are gonna be so expensive, I can finally get myself an Aussie for a reasonable price.

Im going to say in all honesty that it will both negatively and positively affect aussies.

Positive for some australium weapons in which someone who owns these reskin weapons would also want an australium version too just to top it off. It will also deter less people going after australiums and making the market a bit more scarce for them with people hunting for cases.

Negatively because will possibly replace some of the lower tier aussies like the smg, but not EVERYBODY is in it for skins. Because in the end, who can say no to GOLD?!?

And unless they come out to where i can get an unusual australium rocket launcher then I am gonna not really care for too much of whats going on.

B)

I have to agree with a few others here, I don't think Australiums and stranges will drop as much as people think. If anything you may see a slight drop and then a bounce like the botkillers had as they became scarce as the people who wanted them bought and kept them, and then fewer were being dropped as less and less players decided to play those missions in MvM. It's possible we could see that with everybody rushing to open the cases for the new skins, and leaving all the other crates to become dusty. 

I can see this going both ways.

On the Pro Aussie side: You got people picking up aussies and saying "holy shit! this is a beauty! I want one!" since you can only hold the aussie till you die. Thus creating hype and allows people to further show off thier states and strange part counters and whatever.

On the Con Aussie side: We may see smaller buying market because people will be satisfied with the CS:GO skin equivialant of everything. We may also see some potential buyers just opting out of buying aussies because holding one for 2 minutes is enough fun for them.

But for now, one thing is certain.

There will be panic sellers. There will be chaos in the market. Perfect time to predict the rise of aussies or the slight upstage of them.

They'll take an initial drop but recover soon. From the sounds of it, strange versions of the new weapons will be rare and we all know that's what really matters. Plus the new weapon colors are random it seems, some look good, some look like crap.

So it's a smart move to keep my aussies?

probably, you're just in a bit of a pickle. It's basically the problem of falling stock, selling now is always a bad option but not selling has a chance of being a worse option.

Chances are they will recover, as buds have done many times over the years. There's however also the chance that they will be permanently damaged, like buds seem to at this point. I personally would never advice selling falling stock but you can now sell safely at a probably 15-20% loss margin, whilst the loss margin may be way higher in the future

I believe it's safe to keep non-stock aussies, because I don't see skins for unlocks on update page. And there no, for example, grenade launcher skins.

Oh crap, CS:GO got to TF2 now. I like both games, but why do they have to be made into the same thing? Just leave it as it was, goddamn. That being said, i'll be buying a pass for the missions, as I am a mug :P

IMHO

If the new skins with strange thingy gets display number of kills like in CS:GO (and I saw somewhere a picture / movie of this) and Valve did not upgrade Australiums to have it aswell (and we all know Valve, so they wont) then Aussies will be dead. 

You can get flashy gold weapon or colorfull weapon that will constantly show you the number of killed enemies in a form of a nice number.

IMHO

If the new skins with strange thingy gets display number of kills like in CS:GO (and I saw somewhere a picture / movie of this) and Valve did not upgrade Australiums to have it aswell (and we all know Valve, so they wont) then Aussies will be dead.

You can get flashy gold weapon or colorfull weapon that will constantly show you the number of killed enemies in a form of a nice number.

Tbh not everyone likes this. I was talking to a guy in csgo about them and he said they were annoying and he wished that it was the way it is in tf2

Still, let us be realistic. Most of the people like flashy things (matter of taste)

And if strange skins will drop and costs somehow like cs:go skins then majority of choices will be:

Golden Minigun for 21 keys or Wood/metal/something else minigun for 2 keys.

New skins will be way cheaper then Mvm, more people getting them - lower the prices, right?

Archived