Can anyone explain what my ban is for?

KiNgSnAkE

Line cutting in classifieds; listing C Shortstop for 5 keys then asking for 7 in notes

Must have been that you've been sneaky enough to not get caught for a year for line cutting.

but if you read my ad

it states very clearly that 5 keys is the pure price and 7 keys is the price in items.

What is wrong with this?

but if you read my ad

it states very clearly that 5 keys is the pure price and 7 keys is the price in items.

What is wrong with this?

If you have a screenshot of an example listing, please provide it for it might as well get you unbanned if that is indeed true.

but if you read my ad

What is wrong with this?

Most probably you declined 5 keys pure rofl

I have no access to my actual listings.

here is the the description for the ad in question (all 200 of my ads follow this format)

Classified price 

5 keys

This is the description that got me banned.

--- COLLECTORS --- work of art built by me. This is the PURE PRICE (Item Price 7 keys). Use the auto offer button to receive your item(s) immediately 24/7.

I run a bot so all matching offers are automatically accepted. If they offer items I have do it manually.

Ohh, I think I get it. They thought you were only asking for 7k pure while listing for 5k. What you should have said is "Item overpay 7 keys" instead of that. They thought you were listing for 5k, which puts you in the front of the line, then asking for the actual price of 7. You should try to appeal while explaining yourself.

I did appeal and my ban has been removed.

The problems is; now over 200 listings that I have been posting over months; some with detailed information about items have been wiped out. To recreate these listings is going to take me days of work. I figure that I have been damaged about 500 dollars because one person complained and the admin acted in an arbitrary manner without even asking me to clarify.

I feel really angry that I was not given any opportunity to correct any problems and that I was sentenced and damaged without being informed.

I would appreciate if a senior admin could explain how this could happen and is there any policy for damaging members without due process.

I did appeal and my ban has been removed.

The problems is; now over 200 listings that I have been posting over months; some with detailed information about items have been wiped out. To recreate these listings is going to take me days of work. I figure that I have been damaged about 500 dollars because one person complained and the admin acted in an arbitrary manner without even asking me to clarify.

I feel really angry that I was not given any opportunity to correct any problems and that I was sentenced and damaged without being informed.

I would appreciate if a senior admin could explain how this could happen and is there any policy for damaging members without due process.

The service bp.tf provides in selling is free and as such the service can be removed at any time. There is no obligation to refund you "damages", as you so haughtily put it.

See: What happened when MegaUpload went down.

I make monthly payments and I have also donated money to help out the site. All I am asking for is a little due consideration before destroying all my work without giving me the chance to fix any problems. I think this is a reasonable request.

This should be policy.

MegaUpload was a criminial enterprise. Backpack is a not.

I make monthly payments and I have also donated money to help out the site. All I am asking for is a little due consideration before destroying all my work without giving me the chance to fix any problems. I think this is a reasonable request.

You make monthly payments for access to a service, premium. That is not related to, and has no bearing on, your use of classified listings.

Consider it a learning experience: keep back-ups. Bp.tf doesn't owe you anything, unfortunate it may be.

I figure that I have been damaged about 500 dollars because one person complained and the admin acted in an arbitrary manner without even asking me to clarify.

$500 is almost 70 hours at minimum wage lmao

It is more than 70 hours of work because it also effects my Outpost listings and my Trade.tf postings. I literally have to recreate all my trade postings for the last year from scratch.

What does minimum wage have to do with it? you have aspirations? I don't care about the money; I would hope that the management of the site would understand the consequences of acting in haste and maybe set policy so that this can not happen.

pretty much any idiot can report anything and chances are that some of the time the mods will just ban you for it anyway.

pretty much any idiot can report anything and chances are that some of the time the mods will just ban you for it anyway.

They only ban when too many "idiot"s reported the same listing or a particular user

Archived