Proper Format for Backpack.tf Trust Rating?

andrew

In the last few months I have made Backpack.tf my main source for trust reputation and portfolio (since it seems mods actively troll over submissions) and noticed that every once in awhile someone's reputation

gets removed from my list on the grounds of it not being specific enough. No criticism on strictness, I actually fully support it, but is there a certain guide or format that everyone should be following?

Example of my own: "+rep bought (insert item and amount) via PayPal - (Person who went first) and the transaction went smoothly

Haven't had any posts removed yet, but wanted to know what I should be telling others how to write it.

Thanks!

I have the same question, and furthermore would like to ask: what sort of + or - trust is unspecific enough that it's worth reporting/removing? Basically I would find clarification on both ends to be useful.

So I'm looking at the trusts that were removed.

2 trusts were removed in the last 2 months. Both were removed by the poster, not a moderator.

1 trust was removed 3 months ago. The user is a marked SR scammer. All trusts left by SR marked scammers are automatically removed by the system.

1 trust was removed 6 months ago. This was a negative trust left by someone calling you a douche. This WAS removed by a moderator.

1 trust was removed 1 year ago by a moderator. There was literally nothing included in that trust rating. It was a blank trust.

And that's all of them.

As far as appropriate formatting. My only advice is to ask people to be as specific as possible. For cash trades this is relatively easy. Include whether you paid cash or received cash, the method of payment (paypal vs amazon, etc) and who went first. For all other types of transactions including middlemanning, brokering, spycrabbing, etc, the only thing I can say is to be as specific as possible. The more detail about why the person is truly trustworthy the less likely it is that a mod will remove it. These are case-by-case, so I can't really give you a proper formatting. I would encourage you to look at some of the trusts (both positive and negative) I have left for other people as examples.

Archived