Need cheap machine.

Aethrozᴷᴹᴳᴸ

So, I need a cheap secondary machine.

My main rig is perfect. No complaints, no need to fix.

However, I need a second machine to maintain an Alt Steam account, and run a few programs. Mainly just botting and alting. Has to run Chrome (Hate on Chrome get ignored <3), Steam, and TF2 on acceptable settings. I don't care if its pre-built garbage, just need it to do what I listed above. Very basic gaming on minimal settings, and Steam/Browser.

If you list some min specs, I can dig around on the internet, or if you can link something that'll run, awesome.

My budget can be made into whatever it needs to be. My goal is around $300. But if I have to go higher, trying to stay below four or five hundred.

Laptop>Desktop so I can port it to work, but if there is a damn good desktop for cheap, I'll go with that.

Thanks much.

My budget can be made into whatever it needs to be. My goal is around $300. But if I have to go higher, trying to stay below four or five hundred.

Laptop>Desktop so I can port it to work, but if there is a damn good desktop for cheap, I'll go with that.

Do ChromeBooks run Steam and TF2?

Nooooo don't buy Chromebook. They don't run windows, and all they can do is access the internet pretty much.

Nooooo don't buy Chromebook. They don't run windows, and all they can do is access the internet pretty much.

That's what I thought. It's a very interesting concept, and definitely useful for a lot of people. However, not compatible with what I am looking for.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100006740%20600471997%204018&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&Order=RATING&PageSize=30

Massive link, I know. I just sorted by Win 8.1 (preferred), between 200 and 300, and then by best rating. Saw some decent ones, would love to hear from y'all. 

They're all Intel and they all look like they would perform like shit in TF2.

Any low end Dell/HP etc laptop should be fine, just remember to check the specs.

Rule of thumb is to get an AMD machine for TF2. And in general :P

I run Intel and NVIDIA on my rig. I play TF2 on Ultra, 1080p, with 300+ fps uncapped (I have it capped to 90 because over that is not necessary).

I run Intel and NVIDIA on my rig. I play TF2 on Ultra, 1080p, with 300+ fps uncapped (I have it capped to 90 because over that is not necessary).

I prefer AMD but for cheap laptops AMD IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO. 

What CPU and GPU do you run?

I read this as cheap medicine.... What is wrong with me?

Well YOU have a drug problem!

I read this as cheap medicine.... What is wrong with me?

Well if you have Cheap meds, that's good info to know... haha

I prefer AMD but for cheap laptops AMD IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO. 

What CPU and GPU do you run?

I just have cheapy i5 at 3.6 and GeForce 780

They were crazy cheap, and the GPU almost paid for itself, got a free pre-sale voucher for Watch_Dogs that I sold for only $10 less than the GPU cost.

Love them to death, was saving for an upgrade to the GPU, but I really need this extra comp first. Plus my GPU even runs Neverwinter on Ultra with a steady 55-75 fps (55 in heavy combat, 75 just running around. Obv I can peak near 100 if I stare at a wall)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232334

Think this will run Chrome/Steam/TF2?

Well if you have Cheap meds, that's good info to know... haha

I just have cheapy i5 at 3.6 and GeForce 780

They were crazy cheap, and the GPU almost paid for itself, got a free pre-sale voucher for Watch_Dogs that I sold for only $10 less than the GPU cost.

Love them to death, was saving for an upgrade to the GPU, but I really need this extra comp first. Plus my GPU even runs Neverwinter on Ultra with a steady 55-75 fps (55 in heavy combat, 75 just running around. Obv I can peak near 100 if I stare at a wall)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232334

Think this will run Chrome/Steam/TF2?

780. Damn, I'm impressed.

As for the laptop, not all at once.

Archived