Do you think buy orders are a good idea?

Puddkingkip's Selfie

I don't think so.

I feel like its mostly a contribution for cheapskate lowballers.

Like, all the time I see people paying less than the hat's worth for specific levels.

Wouldn't you pay more.

Sometimes I just get disgusted by how cheap some people are.

This one guy was buying certain items with 2 key paint for the item's actual no paint price.

Inb4 h8 from morons

I stopped using them because of the mass amounts of people who though I was selling at that price and that I kept forgetting I left them up. I don't really see any direct harm coming from them, although I do wish that it would allow for specifications for buying so you don't see people paying significantly more for pro ks only or whatever

They're fine. I don't really see a problem. If people are incredibly lowballing, good luck with them getting the item.

This one guy was buying certain items with 2 key paint for the item's actual no paint price.

Only because fiskie didn't implement an option to choose effect\paint. 

And still no australium support.

Even for those who will continue to solely use Outpost it will be incredibly useful as it gives you a good insight as to what you should pay yourself. A short list is a lot easier to use as basis rather than a big blob of (mostly stupid) traders' notes.

http://backpack.tf/stats/Strange/Australium%20Rocket%20Launcher/Tradable/Craftable

Yes. I've bought probably 3 dirty cozy campers through this feature. Unfortunately I still get spammed with trade offers for craftable cozy campers, but at least they aren't adds.

The only thing is, people might not use that. It would be an inconvenience to "search for buyers with this option" because most of the time, they're extreme lowballs, or there's no results. I know I gave up doing that on outpost because everyone is lowballing. ex: "buying item for low bp.tf price + 5% of paint" sometimes that's worth even less than the average value for an item...

It's not worth the effort to search for buyers of a specific thing, because they don't last long unless they're extreme lowballs. Whereas sellers, you can always find sellers.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like it better if more rules were put in place. Like you have people now that don't have the keys or metal to buy something but you can find them in the buy orders.

The race for everyone is to be at that top of that list. Right now it seems we are moving towards everyone just saying they are buying professional at so&so price to get to the top of the buy order classifieds. That is actually why I signed in. To check with the mods if this was going to be the new standard..& if I have to change all my classifieds to buying professionals.

Its kind of ehhh. I mean a lot of people are reaping the rewards of the system. But I feel like a jerk everytime I have to go over someone by 1 reclaimed to just be at that top place. Bitter bitter trade wars.

They're good with certain items and certain items only. I've been buying dirty crit-a-colas at a rather good pace thanks to my buy order, it's actually quicker than Outpost.

Honestly though, what irks me are people who put up buy orders for stuff that has to be painted or killstreaked.

Archived