What do you wanna be when you grow up?

Teeny Tiny Cat

• Administrators

/what do you do for a living, for the adults among us?

I studied biochem at university but I now work in nursing and I'm starting an MA in september. I actually started care work as work experience to apply for medical school, but I love the shit out of my job and I'm really fuckin good at it, so I'm still doing it 6 years later.

How bout y'all? I had no idea what I wanted to do when I was a teenager tbh, I mostly just picked science and maths a-levels and then a science degree because that was what I was good at and could kinda do with minimal effort. Worked out ok, but yeah I really had no clue when I was 15/16.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

I work as a political grassroots organizer

What kind of things make up your day-to-day?

This is going to sound ironic as fuck, but i've had this set ever since I was a child.

Police Officer

Lol I am very unsure about what i should become...

But I am going currently on Health and Youth development, here where I am from. ;3

Currently I am thinking of either becoming a doctor, psychologist, or something that will I will both earn well and enjoy what i do.

Man I wish I wasn't grown up already ;_;

I'm a first year (very soon to be second year) history student at Cardiff University, and I'm also an amateur stand-up comedian.

That is to say,I do a full gigs here and there, and I'm looking to get a YouTube or something off the ground pretty soon.

I am going to be a pilot. Straight into the Air Force after I leave school, then once I'm finished my compulsory service, out and into commercial.

I know what's required to get into the defense force, and I have some family friends who are pilots. I'm accumulating flight experience, and I know what I'm doing and there's no way I can fail.

Well, obviously I could fail, but I'm set on doing it and you know the quote: "If you put your mind to it you can do anything, sonny jim, boy o' mine etc. etc."

Gonna go for a biologist. If that fails, probably gonna become a teacher or something. 

Secondary School Music Teacher (When kids are 11-16). I've loved music all my life, I can play the Piano, Clarinet and Sing and I also want to boss people around.

I am a manager for a department store. Not the most glamorous job, but it's still well over minimum wage with good benefits and has hours that are generally more in sync with my sleep schedule.

• Administrators

Man I wish I wasn't grown up already ;_;

I'm a first year (very soon to be second year) history student at Cardiff University, and I'm also an amateur stand-up comedian.

That is to say,I do a full gigs here and there, and I'm looking to get a YouTube or something off the ground pretty soon.

How do you like cardiff? My sis went to newport and was over there a lot (we're from sheffield, idk wales very well myself)

I should be graduating for math and physics teacher next month (for kids aged 11-16).

But I don't want to become a teacher anymore, so I'm gonna try to become a surveyor.

When growing up, I wanted to be a game designer. I later wanted to be an Artist. Then a Fashion Designer. Ah, yes high school years of indecisiveness.

Now here I am, working for my Bachelors as a 3D Animator while currently working as a student teacher and an assistant manager for a valuable income until I can find work for my dreams.

• Administrators

Finance, international if I feel up to it.

My husband works in finance (treasury management mostly) and he's fuckin miserable. Says the best job he ever had was being a park ranger when he was a teenager, lol. Once I've finished study he might go back to uni for something else.

My husband works in finance (treasury management mostly) and he's fuckin miserable. Says the best job he ever had was being a park ranger when he was a teenager, lol. Once I've finished study he might go back to uni for something else.

One of my friends was the same way. He worked collections for a bank, and he hated the job. He wound up taking a completely different career path, became a cop and never looked back. There's just something inherently soul-crushing about a 9-5 cubicle job.

Archived