What is a skill you'd like to learn and why?

smartmeme

Most of us have something we want to learn to improve ourselves or for simple enjoyment. This question gives everyone the opportunity not only to share that desire, but also to examine why they haven’t pursued learning the skill.

So, what skills would you like to learn and why?

Improve? Guitar skills up to and beyond David Gilmour's. (Pink Floyd guitarist)

Learn? How to compose music.

I need to learn javascript. I am very good with css but I do a lot of projects that need js and I cannot write it for crap

Sculpting, particularly miniature sculpting. I play Star Wars Miniatures and would love to be able to make miniatures corresponding to the virtual set pieces rather than using proxies. I'd also love to just make sets based on various other properties, just building an entire army from scratch.

I want to speak Ruski. Cryllic. I LOVE that language ;~;

I also want to program like 90% of people here, but i can't do it effectively enough atm since my teacher is so shit at teaching javascript it took me 3 months to know if statements.

I would like to learn how to curse fluently in sixty different languages.   shhhhh

I'd like to learn Spanish or Japanese. Had I known Spanish, I would have been able to talk to some spanish-speaking patients (I volunteered at a hospital for ~3 years). My highschool was a butt though and wouldn't let me take Spanish 1 in senior year for some damn reason. =\

Japanese just cause I like watching anime.

Improvement-wise would be to be more fluent in Chinese.

balisong tricks. i swear every time i switch weapons as spy i want to go on amazon and buy a 200 dollar balisong knife.

Graphic design/art for websites and media like videos. Always wanted to work part-time as a graphic designer. I'm pretty shit at putting my ideas into CSS/photoshop though ;_;

I want to be the guy who's good at everything.

Seriously speaking, I just want to get better at arts and sports. Oh, don't forget my social skills. Need to improve those, too.

balisong tricks. i swear every time i switch weapons as spy i want to go on amazon and buy a 200 dollar balisong knife.

Woah there man, think of your lost relationships!

Anyway, learning how to SFM would be nice.

And to photoshop. That would also be nice.

Improve? Guitar skills up to and beyond David Gilmour's. (Pink Floyd guitarist)

Learn? How to compose music.

This. I need to get better at the guitar. I know how to make my own stuff but it just doesn't sound that good.

I also want to finish learning Battery by Metallica on guitar since I never did.

Mandarin

Why? I live in Vancouver.

THIS. Luckily I'm a native speaker of Mandarin. 

Archived