Is it odd for suggestions to remain open for almost 3 weeks?

Jibril: Flugel

Just wondering, does the amount of time it's been open hurt the chances of mods seeing/approving of them? I posted a suggestion about 3 weeks back, does this mean I'm further back on a constantly growing list of suggestions?

Huh, that is strange. Suggestions are usually open for 2 weeks at the most, if they're open for that long it usually means the mods haven't had time to get to it. There aren't a lot of them, and they do have a good backlog of stuff to get through, but your suggestion should be responded to soon enough.

One of my suggestions was open for 19 days and during those 19 days more sales occurred that invalidated my suggestion slightly.

Needless to say it irked me.

I think its more common for new suggesters.

I think that happens when none of the mods want to touch it. Most of the ones I've seen stay open for 3+ weeks are weird items, or weird situations where it isn't obvious whether the suggestion should be accepted or not.

One of my suggestions was open for 19 days and during those 19 days more sales occurred that invalidated my suggestion slightly.

I can understand how that would be frustrating, but think of it from our perspective. That's exactly why we leave suggestions up for that long. Sometimes we feel there are issues with the proof and hope that the community shares some of the burden with us by pointing out issues. Sometimes the range feels off based on our experience and we want to see what happens with newer sales. I look at most suggestions within a day. If it gets past a day, it will probably stay up for at least 2 weeks. 

Anyways, @op I got back home late today, so was only able to get through a few that were older than yours. You are number 3 on my queue, so I will probably take care of it tomorrow. 

Alright, thanks guys! 

From what I understand, there was a recent sale between when I suggested and now. I'll ask a premium friend what it was.

Archived