Banned For Trading With a Scammer?

Watermelon.

So, I traded with this guy for his P. Fetti Tartan Spartan, knowing he was marked as an alt account on tf2op, but proceeded anyways.

Then, a day later,(today) I logged into tf2op only to find I was banned for 'trading with a marked scammer' for 3 weeks.

I looked at the report, and no offense to the mods there, but that's a pretty stupid rule. If it does have some use to it, i'd love to know. I'm just pretty fed up with it right now.

http://gyazo.com/f9c57684d6156b7f18f9f50a9714830c

You traded KNOWINGLY with a marked scammer. You aided a scammer in profit.

You better be fucking glad that you're not perma'd.

You knowingly traded with a known scammer. By doing so, you encouraged scamming by letting the scammer know that if he steals someone's hat, there are people willing to buy the stolen goods. This is not okay

Rules are rules, whether they're stupid or not.

I know, but I just don't see how trading with an alt account gets me banned.

*edit: I get it now.

So, I traded with this guy for his P. Fetti Tartan Spartan, knowing he was marked as an alt account on tf2op, but proceeded anyways.

Then, a day later,(today) I logged into tf2op only to find I was banned for 'trading with a marked scammer' for 3 weeks.

I looked at the report, and no offense to the mods there, but that's a pretty stupid rule. If it does have some use to it, i'd love to know. I'm just pretty fed up with it right now.

http://gyazo.com/f9c57684d6156b7f18f9f50a9714830c

Kornheiser_Why.JPG

what the fuck? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

I know, but I just don't see how trading with an alt account gets me banned.

*edit: I get it now.

good understand you desrive your ban your lucky its not a perma ban

I love how people twist the facts around. 1st off, your ban is 2 weeks. 2nd, you did not trade with a scammer alt, you traded with a full blown MARKED SCAMMER, who happened to have been marked over 3 months ago. Thus, he was clearly banned on Outpost, backpack.tf, SteamRep and anywhere else that shows a persons status.  

I love how people twist the facts around. 1st off, your ban is 2 weeks. 2nd, you did not trade with a scammer alt, you traded with a full blown MARKED SCAMMER, who happened to have been marked over 3 months ago. Thus, he was clearly banned on Outpost, backpack.tf, SteamRep and anywhere else that shows a persons status.  

rekt

OP got trainrekt

Posted · Hidden by polar, May 26, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by polar, May 26, 2015 - No reason given

and toughsox again saves the day  bans the faggot

the first step to recovery is admission.

hi my name is ________ and I am a stupid noob.

Also, nice adware you have there. You should get your computer cleaned.

gyazo?

kek

I honestly don't understand all these scammer rules. (It doesn't exactly fit this particular example, more just in general.)

You get banned for trading with a marked scammer, the site claiming you helped them profit, and telling you to remember "for every 1 scammer there is 1 victim."

So instead of keeping it to 1 victim, you decide make it 20 more fucking victims. By the time you ban 20 morons, 20 more morons are eager to take their place in banland. What problem does it solve?

gyazo?

kek

I was talking about all of those words like "Trading" and "account" that are double underlined. Mousing over them will show a pop-up of pointless advertisement. It does that on pretty much every page you visit.

I was talking about all of those words like "Trading" and "account" that are double underlined. Mousing over them will show a pop-up of pointless advertisement. It does that on pretty much every page you visit.

I know, it was a joke.

...Yet.

People don't get banned on steamrep for unknowingly (or otherwise) aiding scammers. Please, take your ludicrous argument elsewhere.

Archived