help?

landmark

Alright, I'll make this somewhat short. 

I was moving my Steam folder from Program Files (x86) one folder ahead.  (So it would be right there next to Program Files (x86) and while this happened, my Steam shortcut wouldn't work anymore, all of my Steam games were uninstalled, TF2, my HUD for it, my sprays, gone.  I tried to reinstall them but nothing would work, I would have to reinstall all of my games, my Steam skin is also gone, everything is for Steam.  Gonna need a little help, and yes, I fucked up.

help?

Yep, you done fucked up.

Only thing to do is reinstall steam, all your games(don't worry, progress is saved on steam profile), your custom hud etc.

Only way of doing it, quite simple.

Sounds like you screwed up all the file pathways. Either move it back or reinstall everything where you want it should work.

Oh yeah, you fucked up pretty bad. Do what everyone else said, and if you want to back up your games, there's a "Backup and Restore Games..." button when you click onto the Steam thing on the top of the window.

Alright, I'll make this somewhat short. 

I was moving my Steam folder from Program Files (x86) one folder ahead.  (So it would be right there next to Program Files (x86)

but-why.gif

What you did was basically moving out of your house into another without telling anyone and wondering why the mailman won't find you.

As other has said, re install steam (move back to your house).

What you did was basically moving out of your house into another without telling anyone and wondering why the mailman won't find you.

As other has said, re install steam (move back to your house).

That's actually a very clever analogy.

But yeah, just follow everyone's instructions, and next time if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Moving it back should fix it. If not, you only need to reinstall Steam. You can just move the games over and have Steam discover them.

Archived