Team Fortress 2 Short (SFM) Film Competition!

JayTuut

I am doing this competition for SFM!

Requirements:

Video must be 2-3 minutes long. If too long (over 5 mins) points will be reduced when judging, if too short points (under 1:30) will be reduced too.

When we have enough participants (i want at least 3 thanks ;3) a deadline will be announced

Make it entertaining, drama or whatever idc.

Prizes:

http://backpack.tf/item/1616272400 howcanthisbeduped

http://backpack.tf/item/1873937678

Pot so far: ~8-9 keys

and any other contributions! Anyone else want to judge please contact me (might be getting Julia and aaron :P)

Judges:

Myself

Parnifia the Bastard (thanks for donating to the pot!)

So a smaller scale forum Saxxies?

Sounds very cool, shame I can't enter, as I'm terrible at making movies in SFM. Make a poster contest though, and I'll gladly sign up. (not saying you should :P)

By the way, this should probably be in Art And Photography.

So a smaller scale forum Saxxies?

Sounds very cool, shame I can't enter, as I'm terrible at making movies in SFM. Make a poster contest though, and I'll gladly sign up. (not saying you should :P)

By the way, this should probably be in Art And Photography.

If it should be in art and photography a mod will probably move it haha.

But there already are poster comps i think so yeah.

I'm sorry, but it takes soooooooooooooooooooooo much work to make a 5 minutes video, which is really hard to do, and all of this just for a 4 key item prize.

I mean cmon, rise the prize to atleast an unusual.

I'm sorry, but it takes soooooooooooooooooooooo much work to make a 5 minutes video, which is really hard to do, and all of this just for a 4 key item prize.

I mean cmon, rise the prize to atleast an unusual.

4 keys you can get a bud. With a bud you can get a cheap unusual. Lol.

Depends how well done. I've seen saxxy semi finals that only took a week cause they forgot.

Anyway it will be, i know some people who will contribute, thats just the set prize of now.

Edit: Anyway new item added http://backpack.tf/item/1873937678(so thats like 9 keys now. You can definetley buy an unusual. And dude this is like ~ $18 now, and the pot will grow)

4 keys you can get a bud. With a bud you can get a cheap unusual. Lol.

Depends how well done. I've seen saxxy semi finals that only took a week cause they forgot.

Anyway it will be, i know some people who will contribute, thats just the set prize of now.

Edit: Anyway new item added http://backpack.tf/item/1873937678(so thats like 9 keys now. You can definetley buy an unusual. And dude this is like ~ $18 now, and the pot will grow)

I actually agree with Wolk for once.

5 minutes is LONG for a animation, especially fan-made. The saxxies demand a certain level of professionalism, hence their time limit. 

As we're all casual scrubs here, I would recommend lowering the time limit.

As for prizes, things with parts are extremely hard to sell, and for a 5 minute it is admittedly a bit short of a pot.

(also I don't think there's a single unusual you can get for 4 keys/a bud)

I think lowering the time limit would honestly make it much fairer. The pot doesn't matter as much as that.

Got to agree with Glaceon, a five minute sfm takes much longer than you think, and with an 8-9 key pot, it's not really worth the effort.

(A short 5 min sfm can take upwards of 2 months, depending on the quality, initiative and free time)

Experience- Make sfm's myself

A five minute animated video could win me a trip to somewhere.

As a major in Animation for almost 5 years, I would never do a five minute SFM video into a weapon like that.

Creating an animation takes step by step, and with dedication will consider more than weeks. Yeah, sure you probably might be at home doing nothing likely getting the job done, but real work takes patiences. I have work and school working on my final presentation using SFM (credits to Valve and the Workshop people) almost 4 months for a 7 minute videos. And the prize is to go to Germany, which is my goal.

If you can offer something better, then I'll likely to contribute. I wouldn't mind joining when I am off my next day offer this upcoming Tuesday.

-snip-

^^^

I'm doing a design course, and that's only basic animation right now, but even making something last 45 seconds took me over a week.

It's a really cool idea, just too much.

I guess i'll try it out.

But you'll have to make a bigger pot tho,

i don't think it's worth making a SFM of 5 minutes long only for 9 keys.

Anyways, i'm in but i'm not sure i'll have enough time for it and/or a script. 

I guess i'll just create one with my simple mind.

~TheProcave.

As the sole other contributor to the pot at this point, I have to agree with these guys. You should lower the time limit.

I actually agree with Wolk for once.

5 minutes is LONG for a animation, especially fan-made. The saxxies demand a certain level of professionalism, hence their time limit. 

As we're all casual scrubs here, I would recommend lowering the time limit.

As for prizes, things with parts are extremely hard to sell, and for a 5 minute it is admittedly a bit short of a pot.

(also I don't think there's a single unusual you can get for 4 keys/a bud)

I think lowering the time limit would honestly make it much fairer. The pot doesn't matter as much as that.

Okay. 

"Agree with wolk FOR ONCE" lol wot

I'll lower the time limit to 2-3 minutes.

(just quoting these people to notify them)

As the sole other contributor to the pot at this point, I have to agree with these guys. You should lower the time limit.

I guess i'll try it out.

But you'll have to make a bigger pot tho,

i don't think it's worth making a SFM of 5 minutes long only for 9 keys.

Anyways, i'm in but i'm not sure i'll have enough time for it and/or a script. 

I guess i'll just create one with my simple mind.

~TheProcave.

^^^

I'm doing a design course, and that's only basic animation right now, but even making something last 45 seconds took me over a week.

It's a really cool idea, just too much.

Got to agree with Glaceon, a five minute sfm takes much longer than you think, and with an 8-9 key pot, it's not really worth the effort.

(A short 5 min sfm can take upwards of 2 months, depending on the quality, initiative and free time)

Experience- Make sfm's myself

A five minute animated video could win me a trip to somewhere.

As a major in Animation for almost 5 years, I would never do a five minute SFM video into a weapon like that.

Creating an animation takes step by step, and with dedication will consider more than weeks. Yeah, sure you probably might be at home doing nothing likely getting the job done, but real work takes patiences. I have work and school working on my final presentation using SFM (credits to Valve and the Workshop people) almost 4 months for a 7 minute videos. And the prize is to go to Germany, which is my goal.

If you can offer something better, then I'll likely to contribute. I wouldn't mind joining when I am off my next day offer this upcoming Tuesday.

But also may I ask with the Valve saxxy's dont u just get a saxxy? Or do u actually win proper stuff lol

Archived