Nametag Pricing

《☆》Peridot《☆》

Is there anyone that can explain why name tags cost so much other than the economy of TF2 being screwed for some reason I don't see why it costs so much to name your weapon I can name my PC and it doesn't cost a dollar so why should cost a dollar or 7-8 ref for a name tag 

kek

Lots of people want 'em, so naturally people will sell them for a higher price.

Naturally = Nature in a different meaning but its the problem between Quantity over Quality ppl choose one of those but quantity is there most picked choice so I would enjoy getting 2-3 tags for 1.00 not 1-2 tags that comes with a  description tag for about $3-$4 . How is someone suppose to enjoy buying them if he/she can't buy them due to serious pricing 

...I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Perhaps you could out it in fewer words?

im saying it shouldn't cost so much in ref the dollar i can stand but the pricing of it on bp.tf

im saying it shouldn't cost so much in ref the dollar i can stand but the pricing of it on bp.tf

Ok, thanks for rewording. Now that I can understand you...

Items in the economy rarely sell for their market price equivalent. Supply and demand dictates the price here more than the Mann go store does. Like Jake said, more people want it, so more people are willing to pay more to get it.

It's that much refined because that's the price people are willing to pay for it. If the item had less demand, then it would be worth less, simple economics.

It's that much refined because that's the price people are willing to pay for it. If the item had less demand, then it would be worth less, simple economics.

simple "broken" economics according to some people on about keys and buds if its in high demand why would someone pay there whole college fund for one tag (im using this as an example) and i think people like to buy things at a low price

There's nothing broken about it. The demand outstrips the supply, so the item raises in value and price.

simple "broken" economics according to some people on about keys and buds

Well, it's now painfully obvious that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Supply and demand exists in every economy, whether it's in TF2 or real life or anywhere else. It's quite possibly the first thing you learn in Economics 101, because it is that essential.

If market prices have such an influence, why is Value of teamwork 1.15 keys? Why are distinctive lack of hue and abundance of tinge 2.1 keys? Why are pink & lime paint constantly fluctuating from 0.9 to 1 keys?

Market price has very little impact on items. This economy, like any other on the planet, is based entirely around supply and demand. End of story.

There's nothing broken about it. The demand outstrips the supply, so the item raises in value and price

by Gaben Or The People . Plus the name tag only has one function while other things have more than one function

Well, it's now painfully obvious that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Supply and demand exists in every economy, whether it's in TF2 or real life or anywhere else. It's quite possibly the first thing you learn in Economics 101, because it is that essential.

If market prices have such an influence, why is Value of teamwork 1.15 keys? Why are distinctive lack of hue and abundance of tinge 2.1 keys? Why are pink & lime paint constantly fluctuating from 0.9 to 1 keys?

Market price has very little impact on items. This economy, like any other on the planet, is based entirely around supply and demand. End of story.

yah im not talkin about paint plus paint is pretty expensive in the real world so the price of paint is reasonable

Plus the name tag only has one function while other things have more than one function

Name three things on the store with more than one function.

by Gaben Or The People . Plus the name tag only has one function while other things have more than one function

Function is irrelevant. All that matters is supply and demand.

There's nothing broken about it. The demand outstrips the supply, so the item raises in value and price.

why exactly do you follow my post if it sounds ridiculous or is that a random function

yah im not talkin about paint plus paint is pretty expensive in the real world so the price of paint is reasonable

The logic you're applying here applies to paint as well. VoT costs the same as a key. Lack of hue and Abundance of Tinge cost the same as two. Lime and Pink cost less than a key. Why do they cost more? Because people are willing to pay more to get them.

What part of that can you not get through your thick skull.

Name three things on the store with more than one function.

Well lets see #1 Guns

Guns= Shoot , Hold Bullets , Reloads , And Kills Anyone On the Other End

Hats=Head Coverage(despite soldier's helm being made of metal) , Appeal , And or warmth

Paint=Color Change , Noxious Fumes , Appeal (Noxious Fumes being a thing in the real world)

theres your 3 items

The logic you're applying here applies to paint as well. VoT costs the same as a key. Lack of hue and Abundance of Tinge cost the same as two. Lime and Pink cost less than a key. Why do they cost more? Because people are willing to pay more to get them.

What part of that can you not get through your thick skull.

wuts with the hostility I wasn't trying to give a bad vibe when i said this 

-snip of multi use post-

Guns have one use: kill enemies, or heal allies. One or the other.

Hats have one use: they look good.

Paint has one use: they make hats look better.

Your points may apply IRL, but this is a video game. It's not that complex.

wuts with the hostility I wasn't trying to give a bad vibe when i said this

The reason I'm acting the way I am is because you're ignoring the points Scott and I are bringing up. Market price has little to no effect on the economy's price, like it or not. If you want to buy your name tags from the store, I'm not stopping you. But as long as you're paying with metal, you're competing with potentially hundreds of other buyers in a market with a limited amount of supply. Many of those people you're competing with are willing to pay a little extra, since metal isn't a real currency in the big scheme of things. As long as you have people willing pay more, the price goes up. That's your first lesson in supply and demand.

Guns have one use: kill enemies, or heal allies. One or the other.

Hats have one use: they look good.

Paint has one use: they make hats look better.

Your points may apply IRL, but this is a video game. It's not that complex.

The reason I'm acting the way I am is because you're ignoring the points Scott and I are bringing up. Marie price has little to no effect on the economy's price, like it or not. If you want to buy your name tags from the store, I'm not stopping you. But as long as you're paying with metal, you're competing with potentially hundreds of other buyers in a market with a limited amount of supply. Many of those people you're competing with are willing to pay a little extra, since metal isn't a real currency in the big scheme of things. s long as you have people willing pay more, the price goes up. That's your first lesson in supply and demand.

yah the supply is infinite and demand is varied and yah you cant buy stuff with keys or metal unless its keys to your house or your car so i see your point in the metal theory but i wouldn't tell someone to pay 1 dollar for a virtual item

simple "broken" economics according to some people on about keys and buds if its in high demand why would someone pay there whole college fund for one tag (im using this as an example) and i think people like to buy things at a low price

Look up what demand and supply is.

Prices are dictated by supply and demand, because people are willing to buy for a certain price and the seller is willing to sell for a certain price. If there is a high demand users will start bidding up prices and the seller will obviously sell to the person who offered highest and eventually you meet equilibrium the point where supply meets demand hence the price.

Sure we all want low prices but use that as an example. Im selling a tod for 1 ref and i get instant 10 adds, it would mean Im onviously selling too low if im getting so many adds. Then you'll get people offering 1.11 ref ...etc evenutally it goes up in price until it meets the point where i cant sell any higher and user wont be willing to buy for any higher.

What you want isnt exactly what happens irl, fact is if someone else is willing to buy for higher then the seller will sell to that person, that is the basis of hoiw this economy works. No one will take a loss because you want stuff for cheap.

yah the supply is infinite and demand is varied

Thank you for responding to my essay with a 9 word answer. Did you even read any of that?

The supply of name tags is not infinite. It is longer to that which is in people's backpacks. The onl way new ones can be created is from coming off the infinite supply that is the Mann co store.

The demand is not varied, it is always there. There will always be people who want to rename their weapons much in the same way that there will always be people who want to apply killstreaks, paint their hats, so on.

yah the supply is infinite and demand is varied and yah you cant buy stuff with keys or metal unless its keys to your house or your car so i see your point in the metal theory but i wouldn't tell someone to pay 1 dollar for a virtual item

You should have left your post unedited.

You can buy stuff wit metal and keys. That's the reason they're displayed in the front page of backpack.tf, thats the reason they're a currency.

You can't pay someone with the keys to your house. That just doesn't work.

of you're not going to ask someone to pay a dollar for a virtual item, can I have your backpack for free? Since you don't feel it's righ to charge for it and all...

Also, charging a dollar for virtual items is t something gaben is below. How do you think we get new tools into the market in the first place?

Then can I buy your bruisers bandana for 7 ref

Supply isnt infinite, if supply was infinite everything would be worth nothing. The supply is what's available in backpacks and the man-co store except you have to pay money if you want it via the store. It is "infinite" in the sense that valve can "print" tickets but if they did that then they would be worth nothing because you have a over saturated market where all demand is met and because there is so much everyone undercuts each other.

We dont tell users what they should/should not pay, we reflect what is the average selling point, if you look at suggestions you will see proof which shows where prices come from. This proof is pre-existing, bp.tf simply records it we dont have any power to force prices on to users.

Then can I buy your bruisers bandana for 7 ref

if your talking about mines then your way off 1 key or an item of equal price if you have your own way of defining equal price Dearest Hoovyington

Archived