How do you make a good username?

Fightless

How did you get your username? Is it a video game character? Did you smash your keyboard because all the names where taken? Well I got my username by editing a name of a game called Flightless (by taking out the L) which was made by a game company that I enjoyed for a bunch of years. There is a story behind why I made my user name in such a way but I don't want to make this longer than it has to be.

Anyway, I have rules when I make my usernames (I went through like 15 until I got this beauty). For example, it cannot be a real word because those are always taken. And I should kill myself before I put numbers at the end because the name is taken. So recently, I came across a cool website so I was going to make a account. But then the evil words we all hate popped up. "This name has already in use". I almost cried because this name is very original for someone who made a comic book about spider baby (which was a complete rip-off of super baby (I think it was some captain underpants book)) when I was 8- the pinnacle of a person's imagination! So I recently changed Fightless to Fightlss (notice the missing vowel). It looked dumb as (insert curse word here). There was no way I was going to to put something like that as my screen name.

So right now Im looking for someone to help me pick a name that has a 0% chance of being taken while looking like not (curse word here). i guess I can give the person a key if they actually help me (you will get it on the 25th because that is when it becomes trade-able).

itsy bitsy

why? not because itsy bitsy spider

but i used to like itsy bitsy spyer misc.

My username is actually the name of a band I used to listen to. I don't listen to them anymore but the name just stuck.

It's great as well since this name is rarely ever used. (maybe like 5 total on steam; four of which being me)

King is what my family calls me and Ken is my name

For your name i think "Flighter" or "Flighters" is a good name

Mine was actually kind of awkward.

I started off as Omnomnomniscient cause I liked the word Omniscient (<- lol) and it evolved to Omnom because people referred to me as that.

Then I evolved Omnom into OmNOm then no.

I did so because I have morons who ask me questions every day and usually my response is no.

There's plenty of ways you can make your own username. The most common way is basing it on what you like. Whenever I made this account way back in '08, I totally was into Cheese, hence Cheese. And of course men wanna be men because men master race, and I enjoyed cheesy (kek) karate movies, so I did Fu and added an extra U just to make it look a little more unique and add flair.

tl;dr, I based it off either something(s) about me or something(s) I liked. Root them together until the order sounds just right. ManCheeseFuu wouldn't sound right. ManFuuCheese wouldn't sound about right, either. But CheeseManFuu, that just works perfectly compared to any of the other ways.

Make it feel special to you, don't just feel like someone will judge it or anything like it. Go with what works and what you feel describes you. Making it something based on a big event for you like the above person. Make it something based on your appearance. Take Gold Spy White Rice for example. He's half-white and half-asian. It sounds stupid, but in retrospect, look where he is now. Course, keep the things you root together unique. Something like ScienceCoolIce would probably be taken. Or perhaps something like ComputerMouseJanitor. Keep them things that are unique to you and as far as you know you.

I was first Salamander, because I liked lizards. Then, I changed my name to Angel Fetus, after an enemy in the binding of isaac. Then I wanted to join those two names, and bam, this happened.

Whenever I feel down or feel like being pumped up about something, I like to listen to Queen. One of my favorite songs is "Don't Stop Me Now" so I use that Mister Fahrenheit as my steam username. This name is just something I made up in 2 minutes.

My dad had photoshopped a bullet wound in osama bin laden's head in GIMP and i thought it was GIMB

and I heard the insult "gimp-ass" in breaking bad so i named myself gimb-ass then just changed to gimby

I used the name Godisme for ages but I built up quite the hate base on Wikia and I was getting people recognizing me on steam and flaming me so I changed it. My friend dubbed me Avenging Flame cause I used to play pyro a lot and would only ever get kills after he died, hence "avenging" Flame

I always had a hard time coming up with usernames, and always looked at random objects around the house, or something that I saw in school, and combined it. Or just something I thought sounded neat (but most were pretty dumb).

Once I got my dog, we named him Apollo, and he looked like a lioncub. And baddabing, the name stuck.  Sadly ApolloTheLion, is kind of a long user, so typically have to shorten it to ApolloLion, and if that is too long, I try something new...

Like the past semester I took a geology class ( as a joke, pretty boring D: ) and ended up using special rock names like Amethyst and stuff like that D:<

I'm unlucky.

Username used to be Mister Unlucky because it sounded decent, then I just removed the Mr. prefix and added a period.

I ate chicken with pudding for dessert.

I liked it. Kippudding doesn't have a ring to it but Puddingkip does so I named myself Puddingkip (kip is Dutch for chicken)

I personally don't know how I came up with my forum name. It's a weird concoction of two failed usernames.

As for my Steam account, google is your friend.

Archived