Getting Scammed Of My Unusual On Backpack.tf lotto

Uncle Fester

I  got scammed out of my unusual because someone betted a 4 key item that costed 400 dollars on the steam market it was a glitched item. Brad Pitt an admin tried to send me a trade offer for 10 keys but i tried to accept them and it didnt work it kept saying error this is the admin that tried to send me 10 keys but couldnt accept the offer http://steamcommunity.com/id/bradpitt77/Tried resending the offer but then read your bio so hope you can help me

it's called market manipulation. simple: get an item that is not on the market, list it up for 300 dollars, and you win the lotto

it's called market manipulation. simple: get an item that is not on the market, list it up for 300 dollars, and you win the lotto

Nah that should have been fixed already, not sure what went wrong here.

Nah that should have been fixed already, not sure what went wrong here.

5 listings is the minimum, it's still easy to manipulate.

Posted · Hidden by puddingkip, May 22, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by puddingkip, May 22, 2015 - No reason given

-double post, my bad ;/ stupid laggy internet.

I  got scammed out of my unusual because someone betted a 4 key item that costed 400 dollars on the steam market it was a glitched item. Brad Pitt an admin tried to send me a trade offer for 10 keys but i tried to accept them and it didnt work it kept saying error this is the admin that tried to send me 10 keys but couldnt accept the offer http://steamcommunity.com/id/bradpitt77/Tried resending the offer but then read your bio so hope you can help me

I accepted your counter offer, this post was not necessary. ;)

We have things in place that prevent this type of things from happening. In this case it was an rare odd timing logic issue that has been fixed so it won't happen again.

5 listings is the minimum, it's still easy to manipulate.

Our pricing is actually based on a combination of sold items and not only the lowest price available, except in this particular case there was a bug that prevented that to work properly. So manipulating the market would require you to sell a few at 400$ before it would work, and you'd be losing a good amount of money before you'd be able to use that "manipulated" item, which you're not even guaranteed to win with. Case in point, the guy who manipulated this item lost it in his first lotto, lol.

Archived