Free Items and Metal for help in school project

//GPM

Hey everyone,

I am currently a college student in a class studying online communities and have chosen to look into the TF2 economy and online interactions as my subject. During the course of my research I am required to interview a few traders and players to gain different perspectives on the TF2 community. I am currently looking for a few more participants but am having trouble finding them. I wanted to post here to see if I can get a few people to interview with a reward of an item or scrap / reclaimed metal. (I don't have any refined yet...)

Participants need to be 18+ due to legal reasons and names / information will be kept confidential. The interview would only last about a half hour or so and would consist of a face to face skype conversation. (Or at the very least a skype voice conversation)

There isn't much else to it, questions will pertain into how the trading works, the community works and how people feel about the number of sites that have been created to help foster the experience such as backpack.ft, TF2Outpost, and steamrep. Questions are pretty simple and it wont take too long.

If anyone wants to help out I'd really appreciate it. I have also attached a document explaining the study a bit more for those with more questions.

Please contact me in the next few days if you want to participate or let me know if you guys have any questions.

Thanks everyone

Info Sheet.doc

I also added in a pdf version for those who need it

Info Sheet.pdf

well I can help you out about tf2 communities in general but I don't want to do either skype nor face to face. I can just use steam chat(with no voice) and help you out.

Hit me up if you want to discuss. The communities I am in are reddit, outpost, steamgameswap(Blue badge there), backpack.tf, unusual servers, etc.

Hey thanks for the reply Long

Unfortunately I do need video / audio interviews, I'd love to just do chat interviews but my professor wont count them for credit... But if I run across any questions about the community or sites I need help with I'll hit you up. 

Thanks again,

hey, I'd be willing to help, though there may be others more qualified.  Feel free to add me if you need me and we can work out a time.

Hey Jymotion,

There aren't actually too many requirements for what I need, as long as you have traded before it would be prefect. It's actually better if I get a good variety of people, both new and older more experienced traders so I can see different perspectives.

If all you really need is voice, lots of TF2 players (at least competitive ones) use mumble for voice communication. I'd suggest looking into that as well :)

Thanks Spyromancer,

I'll check out mumble and make sure that it works for what I'm doing. I would defiantly be alright with using an alternative to skype if others need to use something like mumble, vent, or teamspeak.

Ill definatly do it, im 18 I have skype and a webcam. Ive got a blue snowball mic so recording quality is gorgeous, ive done unusual and cash trades in the past. Just hit me up on steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/Signifyisdumb/ or skype ( si9nify ) also you dont need to pay me or anything. I had this idea for an economics class but we were never assigned any projects unfortunatly lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

Sorry its taken me so long to post a follow up but I wanted to give a big thanks to everyone who helped with this project, I had some great people to interview and everything went even better than I expected! Everyone I interviewed was awesome and extremely helpful. I have now finished up my interviews and would like to thank everyone who participated or even just wanted to volunteer.

I didn't have enough time to get everyone but all the information was great and helped me a ton.

Thanks again everyone!

Archived