Suggestion to improve Classified Listings

Hexlicious

When it comes to classifieds, people have not been considering it their "main proof" for a suggestion, if the classifieds were turned in to something similar to outpost, where the most recent bumped trade is shown at the top, I feel it would be a much more reliable source for proof and it would also stop the cutting in line by listing your items for cheaper.

As stated in the other topic, this would give premium / donator users a small advantage cause of their ability to automatically bump, just like on outpost, but even without premium I would have preferred a system like this far more than the current, instead of seeing a 2 day unbumped trade at the start of the classifieds having to scroll through to find that 1 trade that is actually bumped.

That is just my two cents, any more input is welcome on the idea.

Classifeds are not considered for suggestions as their "sole/main proof' not because of cutting in line or the way be sort trades but because bp.tf is not a trading website and nor is it designed to be. Due to this many traders dont use bp.tf for trading, using classifieds as your main proof is effectively "cherry picking" as unsolds will be unreliable since we dont even get a fraction of the trades/users compared to bazaar/outpost when it comes to the trading aspect.

Classifieds only bumps your trade when you are online hence and it will be automatically removed when the item is sold so you can add someone with confidence that they will have you item this makes the "unbumped" a non issue.

Edit: also cutting in line is listing something for cheap while demanding a higher price in the notes (so your item is listed first) if you see this report it.

Another issue that has been annoying me lately is that people often completely ignore classifieds in their suggestions saying "classifieds is only supportive proof." Please use common sense. Nowadays, classifieds usually has more listings, especially for non-unusuals than any other site.... by a HUGE margin. Classifieds often reflects the common trade points on the market better than anything. The trading section of this site has grown dramatically in the last year. We have always asked people to exercise caution when using classifieds due to nuances like unbumped sales or backpacks that aren't getting refreshed in a timely manner. This does not mean that classifieds should be completely ignored. Consider a suggestion that includes two links for an item and suggests a range of 2-2.11 ref but classifieds shows 4 listings at 1.88 and 20 at 2 ref. I would argue that 2-2.11 is a bad range. I know that Michael puts a significant weight on classifieds and SCM, as he should, when he assesses suggestions

And in another post:

The fact of the matter is that the seller is willing to sell for that lower trade point. That cannot be ignored. You cannot look at only one side of a trade. A trade is a two-party agreement. If there are multiple willing sellers at a slightly lower amount, that doesn't make it invalid. The fact that there are a lot more sellers in classifieds means more to me than the time it takes for them to sell or the fact that they are willing to undercut each other. That is normal market competition that is common in the real world too. You can't simply call them outliers or "quicksells" and throw them out.

Classifeds are not considered for suggestions as their "main proof' not because of cutting in line

Also cutting in line is listing something for cheap while demanding a higher price in the notes (so your item is listed first) if you see this report it.

Cutting in line can be that or simply listing your item for cheaper in order to have a larger chance to sell quick, but if you're barely ever online and barely ever bump your trade, why should you be the first to show on the classifieds?

Like take the Team Captain for example, 2/4 trades were not bumped for days that are below the current backpack.tf price, why should they be at the top?

coQ5RgB.png

Make it possible to search by: last bump, lowest price

Note to myself: Check if something exists before suggesting it

IIRC, one of the main reasons classifieds can't be used as main proof is because there is no history of past trades for the classifieds. When an item is sold, lost, or otherwise unavailable and the listing is removed, there is nothing left behind to say that the listing was there in the first place. For creating/raising prices, this proves to be a problem for you cannot find any sales via classifieds. For lowering, you may not get the entire price range just from the classifieds.

Cutting in line can be that or simply listing your item for cheaper in order to have a larger chance to sell quick, but if you're barely ever online and barely ever bump your trade, why should you be the first to show on the classifieds?

Like take the Team Captain for example, 2/4 trades were not bumped for days that are below the current backpack.tf price, why should they be at the top?

If you want to see the recently bumped classifieds : Click Advanced Search Then Sorting.

They should be at top because they sell for lower price. Want to be at top try selling in low price.

As per my preference the current sorting : Low to High  is the best. I can easily look up to how much I can afford and quit looking for the items.

Thanks for reading as always.

Archived