Buying a new laptop for college

Rambro

Afternoon, lads.

Well, I'm going to be graduating high school in a month, and I'll be heading off to college. I'm going to be needing a new laptop due to the nature of my work, and generally because this shitty netbook barely runs anymore.

So, I'll give as much information as possible and let the backpack.tf computer squad get to work.

Budget: Max $1000 USD. Can be under but I didn't get this College tech grant for nothing.

Max games I'll be running: COD AW would likely be the highest I'd require. Specs for that game below.

3bf832c66c.jpg

Work I'll be doing: As an Electrical Engineering Major, I'll probably be doing extensive 3d modeling and simulation.

Peripherals: I already have a gaming mouse, so I wouldn't need to get another. I also expect I needn't be worrying about Operating Systems, but I expect to be using Windows 7, 8.1.

Last notes: I'll be traveling most of my time in College as not only a demanding major, but also an honors student; so building a tower ain't an option.

Thanks for anyone who can give help.

Sounds like a lot of big-headed talk here.  As an engineering graduate, a bachelor's is a joke, so stop trying to make it sound like it's something incredible.  It's the reason people often look down on us as arrogant and condescending.

Calling AwesomeMcCoolName

Also,

Sounds like a lot of big-headed talk here.  As an engineering graduate, a bachelor's is a joke, so stop trying to make it sound like it's something incredible.  It's the reason people often look down on us as arrogant and condescending.

REKTREKTREKT

So that's a no to helping me find a way to spend my money?

I highly recommend the surface pro 3 / surface 3.

I have both and use powerful programs such as Photoshop and SFM on there and it runs excellently.

It is also stupid portable and versatile.

Students get a discount too, so you can get a nice model for cheaper.

I highly recommend the surface pro 3 / surface 3.

I have both and use powerful programs such as Photoshop and SFM on there and it runs excellently.

It is also stupid portable and versatile.

Students get a discount too, so you can get a nice model for cheaper.

Thanks to both for the suggestions!

Archived