Need new Headset, Mouse, and Keyboard.

Carnage

Looking for recommendations for a new headset, mouse, and keyboard.

Mouse: Preferably wireless. Needs at least 5 buttons, my current one has only the normal 3.

Keyboard: Something similar to this, but not junk. I need the calculator button for sure.

Headset: Quality sound without the leaking and a decent mic. Doesn't have to be fancy.

I would like to keep everything under $150 (USA) if possible.

Thanks.

Yo!

For mouse/keyboard..

Had this one for coming up on a year this summer, no issues at all.

http://www.amazon.com/CM-Storm-Devastator-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B00DKXXAAQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1430669543&sr=1-1

2 Viewers also recently purchased this combo and had nothing but good things to say.

Also, I see they offer red and green now in case that matches your setup better :D

HyperX Clouds ($70~) (unless you have a decent pair of headphones already -- at which point Mod Mic 4.0).

For a keyboard, I'd check out a Cooler Master Devastator ($25~) (which also comes with a decent mouse). Although, I would probably pick up a better mouse (ideally wired -- Logitech G502, Mionix Naos/Avior --or wireless if you really need wireless)

Yo!

For mouse/keyboard..

Had this one for coming up on a year this summer, no issues at all.

http://www.amazon.com/CM-Storm-Devastator-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B00DKXXAAQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1430669543&sr=1-1

2 Viewers also recently purchased this combo and had nothing but good things to say.

Also, I see they offer red and green now in case that matches your setup better  :D

HyperX Clouds ($70~) (unless you have a decent pair of headphones already -- at which point Mod Mic 4.0).

For a keyboard, I'd check out a Cooler Master Devastator ($25~) (which also comes with a decent mouse). Although, I would probably pick up a better mouse (ideally wired -- Logitech G502, Mionix Naos/Avior --or wireless if you really need wireless)

I will consider the Cooler Master Devastator keybaord/mouse combo though that keyboard doesn't have the calculator button that I love so much. Seriously I use it so many times a day.

My current headset is pretty bad right now. ~$20 and I got exactly what I paid for.

http://www.ttesports.com/productPage.aspx?p=154&g=ftr#.VUZLD_lVhBc

Cheap, cool looking, side buttons, ez dpi changer.

10/10

Not a huge fan of Thermaltake, I've had 2 headsets from them before and both lasted less than a year and it's not like I abused them.

In all this seems to be actually cheaper than I thought, would it be worth it to upgrade my ~8 year old hard drive too if i have the money?

I will consider the Cooler Master Devastator keybaord/mouse combo though that keyboard doesn't have the calculator button that I love so much. Seriously I use it so many times a day.

My current headset is pretty bad right now. ~$20 and I got exactly what I paid for.

Not a huge fan of Thermaltake, I've had 2 headsets from them before and both lasted less than a year and it's not like I abused them.

In all this seems to be actually cheaper than I thought, would it be worth it to upgrade my ~8 year old hard drive too if i have the money?

You can set up a macro for opening calculator, and I wouldn't bother upgrading your HDD unless you could afford to upgrade to an ssd. 

Headset: Logitech PLYR 2

Keyboard + mouse: Logitech MX5500 Set.

BEST LOADOUT EVER

Headset: Logitech PLYR 2

Keyboard + mouse: Logitech MX5500 Set.

BEST LOADOUT EVER

You might want to take out the "#SaveTheBuds" from your name before 9001 people start hating on you.

O/T: Mouse: Logitech M705. $50, 5 buttons, wireless and is really comfortable.

Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X4. No idea about price, think it's ~50. Has 6 programmable keys at the side which you can use for calculator, high KRO, feels decent. (Nowhere near a mechanical keyboard though)

You might want to take out the "#SaveTheBuds" from your name before 9001 people start hating on you.

O/T: Mouse: Logitech M705. $50, 5 buttons, wireless and is really comfortable.

Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X4. No idea about price, think it's ~50. Has 6 programmable keys at the side which you can use for calculator, high KRO, feels decent. (Nowhere near a mechanical keyboard though)

It's worth noting, the Devastator is generally viewed as being one of the closest to mechanical keyboards you can get (at least that's from the countless reviews/people who I know who own them have said). 

Archived