Which FPS is the best?

CecilyLovesYou<3™

What's the best FPS game?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best Multiplayer First person shooter game on steam?

• Battlefield Series
    • Call of Duty Series
    • Counter Strike Series
    • Halo Series
    • Team fortress 2

State your reasons why if you can, and which specific game of the series you like most.

None of the games you listed are MMO -- MMO implies lots of players interacting simultaneously in a persistent world, like in World of Warcraft or EVE online. The FPS games you listed are all based on discreet matches, not persistent worlds. If you want an MMO FPS, you'll want things like Firefall and Planetside 2

None of the games you listed are MMO -- MMO implies lots of players interacting simultaneously in a persistent world, like in World of Warcraft or EVE online. The FPS games you listed are all based on discreet matches, not persistent worlds. If you want an MMO FPS, you'll want things like Firefall and Planetside 2

Godammit, changing the post title.

I will forever maintain that Halo 1, from both a multiplayer and single player standpoint, is the best videogame ever created of all time.

CS:GO is the 'best' serious FPS game.

TF2 is more a silly game, but I still think it's better because it has more things to hold your interest in the long run.

I said halo in my vote, then I saw the words 'on steam' and changed it to tf2. Also bf isn't even on steam. But this all really comes down to opinion. Bf and cod have better multiplayer aspect than halo, Cs requires skill, halo has a great story that spans over many books comics, and media and games. Tf2 is the most different of the bunch but has the best hat system and eco. And is easy and fun to play and is also free until you catch the hat virus

CS all day, every day. IMO, it's really punishing if you make stupid plays and grenades are so crucial when it comes to who wins a round, it's a mix of both strategy/brains and aim.

CS:GO. TF2 is full of F2Ps, and I'd rather not pay $50 a year + DLC + Season Pass every time a CoD game comes out.

Splatoon will top all of these. 

And you focused on a few type of modern shooters. 

Quake , left 4 dead, killing floor, borderlands, unreal tournament , destiny , planetside , stalker , medal of honor , crysis , goldeneye etc

TF2 

I do love Battlefield, but my current crappy laptop will never run it in a million years so yeah.

Archived