Making posts regarding topic moving punishable

Zcrab

I've been seeing it going on a lot.

This is an example of what I am talking about:

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/35570-opinion-on-the-whole-d0-wayne-thing/

4 people are already on about it needed to be locked/moved to the Great Below. Now this would be fine if it wasn't so common, but it's gotten to a point where I don't have enough song lyrics to use in my reports.

All it really is, is general spam. If you go make a topic, you don't want people to go on about it needed to be moved/locked. There's a report button on topics and posts that you can use exactly for that. It will make the fourms much nicer to look at, than a bunch of people screaming "MOVE TO THE GREAT BELOW PLS". I'm not only talking about posts about moving to the Great Below, I mean of course the whole forum.

I'm figuring that the only way to really teach people about this, is to give them a warning point or give them a message from a moderator. If they chose to do it again, of course worse actions should be used.

I think Cleverpun did say something about this at some point, but I don't remember where.

go use the report button and report those types of posts if you think its spam

Let's see.

Reporting 5 posts against reporting 1 post.

It's going to make things easier for everyone, don't see why you would keep it.

I dont see a problem. Its people just saying what they think. Maybe what you need is people to say if its a serious post or not. I tried to make a serious post, but people said put it in GB. 

This is already sort of a rule, the mods ask that we "don't self moderate". It's just something that the mods don't usually punish for, it's relatively unenforced.

I dont see a problem. Its people just saying what they think. Maybe what you need is people to say if its a serious post or not. I tried to make a serious post, but people said put it in GB. 

Well, if they want to move it to the Great Below they can just report it. If the topic gets moved to the Great Below, then wouldn't it be annoying to still have those posts saying it should be in the Great Below?

This is already sort of a rule, the mods ask that we "don't self moderate". It's just something that the mods don't usually punish for, it's relatively unenforced.

Well, in that case it should be a clear rule in the fourm rules topic. Be more enforced aswell of course.

- snip -

I agree with you so so much.  Sometimes it is necessary like when I put my first topic in economy, but mostly it is not.

sF2R723.png

iFV5e64.png

Archived