Replacement for buds, fixing unusual trading.

amiro49333

So it has come to my notice almost nobody in the tf2 economy wants buds for their unusuals, and if they do it has to be massive overpay. My solution is very simple actually. I suggest a new form of pricing, where users can safely store their keys by buying said item and reselling it when in need.

This "item" is most likely going to be a promo, max heads are very likely to be chosen for this. I don't understand this. Meetthestats aka www.backpack.tf made an announcement saying they no longer use buds as a form of currency, yet they can still be seen on the front page and are constatly updated in price? You can still sell your items for buds via listings, which makes no sense.

This economy, like I mentioned, needs a item that people could store their keys into, such as earbuds when they were recognised as a form of currency.

And before you say that I am calling this economy crap and stuff like that, im not. Im trying to benefit you traders because unusual trading for pure is extremely hard now and all im saying is that this economy is not screwed yet, hopefully never, and that all it needs is a little tidying up. And why should I bother making this since im not a mod? Simple really. I like helping people without them even asking for it, like a drowning man who doesnt want a hand.

Suggestions,improvements and positive criticism will be appreciated in the comments below. And yes, sorry for my English, it is not my Native tongue.

No.

backpack.tf DOES NOT decide the next currency,so backpack.tf will only state item X as a new bud once it's more used in the trading community.

No.

backpack.tf DOES NOT decide the next currency,so backpack.tf will only state item X as a new bud once it's more used in the trading community.

backpack.tf is seem as the market central of many important tf2 related websites. I wouldnt be suprised if they make a new currency. May I add that duck video is erm, peculiar but I find it disrespectful since im a muslim. Seriously dude, not all muslims are retarded people who run around suiciding themselves to kill a school. Islam has never stated anyone to do so, please get off the mainstream train and realize life is more than rumours.

I found a new alternative. Keys.

They are stable and always in demand, unlike buds. Keys work in the CS:GO economy, they also are working in the TF2 economy. Seriously, who the fuck needs buds? The only reason buds were a currency was because of old 8 item per trade restrictions.

I found a new alternative. Keys.

They are stable and always in demand, unlike buds. Keys work in the CS:GO economy, they also are working in the TF2 economy. Seriously, who the fuck needs buds? The only reason buds were a currency was because of old 8 item per trade restrictions.

I never talked about a revival of buds, I mentioned a new currency that is stable. And buds were very stable before the sudden drops.

I never talked about a revival of buds, I mentioned a new currency that is stable. And buds were very stable before the sudden drops.

Even then, backpack tf can't force a new currency unless the traders are listing it as their B/o.

Even then, backpack tf can't force a new currency unless the traders are listing it as their B/o.

Which brings me back to the max hat. And also, you are not in my moms bedroom :o

Which brings me back to the max hat. And also, you are not in my moms bedroom :o

Compared to Keys, they're not as commonly traded. 

Compared to Keys, they're not as commonly traded. 

To most they are widely recognised as a form of pure since they are a promo. 

To most they are widely recognised as a form of pure since they are a promo. 

Whats better than most? ALL. Everyone considers Keys as a currency, but not everyone considers Max Head's as pure. I've even seen people take Max's 1-2 keys from their original price.

Whats better than most? ALL. Everyone considers Keys as a currency, but not everyone considers Max Head's as pure. I've even seen people take Max's 1-2 keys from their original price.

Point. The max was just a suggestion, I gave an example of an item that can be used like that.

no.

Just no.

The market decides what currency is and isn't, and we report it. With Maxes dropping like everything else, things are MUCH too unstable to be currency.

Keys are the ONLY good currency that stands steady.

This makes no sense. Buds are becoming less of a currency because we don't need them for trading anymore. There is no 8 item limit anymore so as far as I know you can trade up to 2000 items at a time, and if you're trading over that many keys you probably are doing something with real money too.

Point. The max was just a suggestion, I gave an example of an item that can be used like that.

Well that's the problem, nothing else universally considered as a currency other than Key. Even if you do popularize a new currency, I doubt everyone will accept it.

Archived