TF2 running like jarate

Ragdoll

Hi there.

So for some reason, a couple days ago, TF2 started running like absolute crap on my laptop. I have an Intel HD Graphics 4000 and an Nvidia GT740M on this thing, and TF2 happens to run faster on the integrated one, but not by much. Used to be able to max it out and get a minimum of 60 fps, now I'm on the lowest settings possible and barely making it past 25.

I don't recall changing any settings or changing drivers at all, so any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Hi there.

So for some reason, a couple days ago, TF2 started running like absolute crap on my laptop. I have an Intel HD Graphics 4000 and an Nvidia GT740M on this thing, and TF2 happens to run faster on the integrated one, but not by much. Used to be able to max it out and get a minimum of 60 fps, now I'm on the lowest settings possible and barely making it past 25.

I don't recall changing any settings or changing drivers at all, so any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

use the GT740

it's possible you actually used the GT740 before

it just didn't read wrong

the difference between those 2 cards is huge

cuz

i had a laptop with GT620 and intel hd 4k

on BF3, lowest settings, the intel HD 4k struggled to get 15 frames, while GT620 ran smoothly on 30+

Had the same issue a while ago, it was caused by Nvidia newest drivers update. If auto update is on, you may check if that's the problem ?

I've had this issue as well. I used to get a solid 60 on max, in recent times things have dropped considerably even on the lowest of the low. I was able to get a performance boost by changing how threading worked according to my autoexec but it's still not the best.

I believe it is due to recent Nvidia updates.

use the GT740

it's possible you actually used the GT740 before

it just didn't read wrong

the difference between those 2 cards is huge

cuz

i had a laptop with GT620 and intel hd 4k

on BF3, lowest settings, the intel HD 4k struggled to get 15 frames, while GT620 ran smoothly on 30+

I am using the GT740M, barely getting 20 frames on the lowest settings. The Intel HD 4K gets me more.

Didn't update my Nvidia drivers at all. That's what's surprising me.

welcome to tf2, every update u lose fps 

It's the large amount of new weapons that causes the frame drop after every update.. Oh wait...

Serious note, have you tried reinstalling the game? I tried that when my fps was tanking for no real reason and it got back up to what it used to be, may just have been a coincidence, but worth a shot I suppose.

Ended up just updating the Nvidia drivers. That fixed it.

What surprised me was how nothing was changed, yet the FPS rate dropped significantly.

Thanks to those who replied.

Archived