Is this even valid?

👾Jenga👾

Hey guys, so a while back I quicksold two of my unusuals to this guy. He was clean on steamrep but banned from trading sites. Anyway he just added me randomly today and told me he was going to report me on steamrep for trading with a marked scammer(him). I have no idea why he's just ruining my trading career for absolutely no reason, he wasn't even marked before. Here's a part the convo.

DuskieTheDuck: Trading with marked scammers.

Jenga: You mean you're reporting me for trading with you?

DuskieTheDuck: Yep.

Jenga: What exactly is that going to accomplish.

DuskieTheDuck: Annd I've got you admitting to trading with me as well now.

Jenga: My previous question remains

Jenga: So you're just pissed that you got banned so now you're reporting everyone who traded with you?

Jenga: Also you were not a marked scammer before the trade, so the proof is invalid.

DuskieTheDuck: Yeah, I wasn't marked on steamrep

DuskieTheDuck: I was marked on every single trading website.

DuskieTheDuck: For being an alt.

Jenga: But what is this going to accomplish.

Jenga: You avoided that question I see/

DuskieTheDuck: What's the question?

Jenga: What will reporting me accomplish?

Jenga: Hello?

DuskieTheDuck: No idea, satisfaction?

Jenga: Satisfaction for what

Jenga: I did nothing to get you banned

Jenga: This convo is going in my appeal by the way

DuskieTheDuck: That's fine. Doesen't change the fact that you traded with a scammer.

Jenga: You're insane, you're accomplishing nothing by doing this.

DuskieTheDuck: I know, its not like I'm trying to.

DuskieTheDuck: I'm not asking anything from you.

DuskieTheDuck: I just came here to tell you

Jenga: Then why waste your time to do it?

DuskieTheDuck: Because I've got time :)

Jenga: Are you like angry with me?

Jenga: Or

DuskieTheDuck: Nope.

Jenga: Then why would you ruin my trading career for absolutely no reason/

Jenga: Hm?

Jenga: Why

DuskieTheDuck: No idea

DuskieTheDuck: Actually, I understand that you still wanna continue trading. I know that trading when you're marked is hard

DuskieTheDuck: I'll just make you a cheap deal then. Yours weapons and hats (Not unusuals), and I won't make the report.

And can I report people for blackmailing?

Retarded by FOG to reject it, they traded with a marked scammer and get away with it because "blackmailing is illegal"? thats more than retarded, i can just let the marked scammer i made a huge deal with write me a message saying "give me 100 keys or ill mark you", then he posts the report and it gets rejected? Way to go FoG, keeping this community "clean".

really tho... is this not just granting people who trade with marked people a get out of jail free card?

just have the guy threaten to report you... report rejected?!

really tho... is this not just granting people who trade with marked people a get out of jail free card?

just have the guy threaten to report you... report rejected?!

He wasn't a marked scammer before I traded him, the trade is around 6 months old.

Also, the report was rejected because he blackmailed, not the threat.

He wasn't a marked scammer before I traded him, the trade is around 6 months old.

Also, the report was rejected because he blackmailed, not the threat.

If he wasn't a marked scammer before you traded him you should be fine. He's probably still butthurt from being banned on OutPost and BackPack.tf so he's trying to get other people marked as well.

You are lying your ass off aren't you.

Let me explain, since this guy doesen't have the balls to do so.

MY ALT (DuskieTheDuck), got marked on tf2outpost, the following 3 days it logged in. (Ban reason : Alt Of Marked User). Later on, it got banned from every single tf2 trading website, clearly stating that I was an alt.

You still did a high value trade with my alt account, aka a alt account of a marked SR user.

So exactly what the f*ck don't you understand here now? You clearly weren't pressured into doing the trade, you offered it to me. With checking or not checking what my reputation was. Its your duty to check with who you're trading with.

And when it comes to FoG = Autists.

MY ALT (DuskieTheDuck), got marked on tf2outpost, the following 3 days it logged in. (Ban reason : Alt Of Marked User). Later on, it got banned from every single tf2 trading website, clearly stating that I was an alt.

You still did a high value trade with my alt account, aka a alt account of a marked SR user.

So exactly what the f*ck don't you understand here now? You clearly weren't pressured into doing the trade, you offered it to me. With checking or not checking what my reputation was. Its your duty to check with who you're trading with.

f9ulHUT.gif

and what does being a **** do for you? seriously, you can't call people autists, when looking at the fact that you are just blackmailing people. I'm not going to argue, or give any evidence, im just going to tell you that you are a hopeless moron for doing it, and no one cares mate. So stop trying to ruin other peoples trading days, ty

Still doesn't change the fact that you attempted to blackmail me, which is both immoral and illegal.

• Administrators

He's already a scammer, why are you expecting good behaviour from someone who's marked and/or banned on all the trading websites? His behaviour doesn't excuse your poor trading decision.

Him trying to blackmail you is crappy but he wouldn't have the opportunity if you hadn't done something you shouldn't have in the first place.

He's already a scammer, why are you expecting good behaviour from someone who's marked and/or banned on all the trading websites? His behaviour doesn't excuse your poor trading decision.

Him trying to blackmail you is crappy but he wouldn't have the opportunity if you hadn't done something you shouldn't have in the first place.

The trade was 6 months ago, he was banned on steamrep 130 days ago.

https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198120552341?time=1413442800

http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198148369522

You said he was banned on multiple trade sites already when you traded.

Then I might get banned from those, not steamrep.

I'm not even sure if he got banned from those or not. Is there any way to tell when they were banned on trading sites? 

• Administrators

If he wasn't marked when you traded with him, I don't see why you'd get marked. So... what's the issue?

Then I might get banned from those, not steamrep.

I'm not even sure if he got banned from those or not. Is there any way to tell when they were banned on trading sites? 

Do you remember the reasons for each ban? Depending on the ban reason, you may or may not be banned on some or all related trading sites.

It seems to me that if you traded with a scammer, and it can be proven to have been reasonably possible to have detected the alt, then at least outpost will nab you for it. I doubt backpack.tf will do anything. 

FoG threw the report out for a strange reason, but one trade with a scammer alt wasn't worthy of a full mark anyway. You'd have been fine.

If he wasn't marked when you traded with him, I don't see why you'd get marked. So... what's the issue?

Well, I wanted to warn the community about this scum, and just to confirm that I was safe

• Administrators

Well, I wanted to warn the community about this scum, and just to confirm that I was safe

Warn them about what? Not trading with people who are banned on trading sites? I think they already have that down. :P

Warn them about what? Not trading with people who are banned on trading sites? I think they already have that down. :P

Well less warn them... more make him seem like a complete douche xD

Archived