SweetStakes.tf

JCapps

If you haven't heard, http://sweetstakes.tf/

has been launched! It is a site in which you can add items to a pot for a chance to win the whole pot (95% actually. 5% goes to the site). Depending on how much you put in the pot will determine your chances of winning.

So basically if you are a patient rich person you will automatically be able to scam items without getting in trouble.

Unless lady luck just really isn't on the rich person's side.

In which that case, rich person will declare the site as rigged and begin to gather pitchforks.

So yea, welcome to karma.tf. Enjoy your stay.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So basically if you are a patient rich person you will automatically be able to scam items without getting in trouble.

It's not a scam.

It's not a scam.

Boy, i didn't expect you to reply so quickly. It's like you're waiting to see how long you could do this before someone said something...

Boy, i didn't expect you to reply so quickly. It's like you're waiting to see how long you could do this before someone said something...

I just happened to be online and saw your post. 

I just happened to be online and saw your post. 

Of course you were online. You literally took another pot 30 5 minutes ago by dumping a value bomb on it.

On one side, good for you for quickly finding an exploitative method on the site.

On the other side, wtf man. Are you really driven to earn profit using an abysmal tactic such as this? This just HIGHLY discourages users from even bothering to enter again. Why even bother entering if you know someone is going to ruin the fun and drop a pile of gold in the pot and automatically win? It ruins the fun of the idea.

It's not a scam.

Patient rich person spotted.

Of course you were online. You literally took another pot 30 5 minutes ago by dumping a value bomb on it.

On one side, good for you for quickly finding an exploitative method on the site.

On the other side, wtf man. Are you really driven to earn profit using an abysmal tactic such as this? This just HIGHLY discourages users from even bothering to enter again. Why even bother entering if you know someone is going to ruin the fun and drop a pile of gold in the pot and automatically win? It ruins the fun of the idea.

When you take out the 5% that the site takes, The One's not exactly winning much... $398 to win $425 is a whopping ~$5 profit, and the $352 bet to win $368.54 is actually a net loss... That's before you even take into account the fact that it's not a guaranteed win.

These sites (this, and CSGO Jackpot) are just a good way to rake in a lot of money, like all forms of gambling. Thing is, there's already a form of gambling in TF2 that doesn't take a 5% cut (unless you've got a middleman that does it): Spycrabbing. There's really no reason for this site to exist when it comes to making any significantly-valued wager. For a craft hat or two, though? Sure.

90% or 95% != 100%. Dropping a pile of gold does not mean automatic victory. There have been people with 1% - 5% chance of winning, and won. Higher bets = higher potential losses. 

As for what I am doing would discourage others from joining... I am not breaking any rules; this is how the game is. If you find this unappealing, then the game is not for you. 

When you take out the 5% that the site takes, The One's not exactly winning much... $398 to win $425 is a whopping ~$5 profit, and the $352 bet to win $368.54 is actually a net loss... That's before you even take into account the fact that it's not a guaranteed win.

Yeah. Exactly. 

It's still really fucking stupid though.

How is it stupid? The 5% fee prevents you from just dropping crazy values and you're the one risking everything for very small profit.

Taking d0's example of dumping 2000$ to a 200$ pot, it means he has a ~91% chance of winning and if he wins he gets 90$ profit (2090$ accounting for fees) i.e. risking 2000$ for 90$.

It isnt a sure win rate and even a single loss would push you heavily into the negative. Big risk, small reward it isnt a broken system which everyone makes it out to be.

It's still really fucking stupid though.

No such thing as stupid if you are making money. /end thread

Besides, you don't make much here. Depends on the pot, but usually the risk> the reward. EX today Bob put up 13k for 88% chance of winning his 13k+ an additional 1k. Isn't worth it imo. I used the site and quit while I was ahead when I lost. TBH, you must admit Geel is filthy rich now. I believe hes made at least $5,000 today if i'm not mistaken, Which is easily enough to live on although its mainly because of hype. I do expect it to die off later, but even $500 a day aint bad. Just a few things to keep in mind.

These sites (this, and CSGO Jackpot) are just a good way to rake in a lot of money, like all forms of gambling. Thing is, there's already a form of gambling in TF2 that doesn't take a 5% cut (unless you've got a middleman that does it): Spycrabbing. There's really no reason for this site to exist when it comes to making any significantly-valued wager. For a craft hat or two, though? Sure.

90% or 95% != 100%. Dropping a pile of gold does not mean automatic victory. There have been people with 1% - 5% chance of winning, and won. Higher bets = higher potential losses. 

As for whether what I am doing would discourage others from joining... I am not breaking any rules; this is how the game is. If you find this unappealing, then the game is not for you. 

This is the main issue I have. There really is no point to this site at all other than snatching curious new "game" players' items. Once all the new players are gone, all the informed non-rich players will no longer play...which will slow down the process...and which then things will just completely die out.

No such thing as stupid if you are making money. /end thread

Besides, you don't make much here. Depends on the pot, but usually the risk> the reward. EX today Bob put up 13k for 88% chance of winning his 13k+ an additional 1k. Isn't worth it imo. I used the site and quit while I was ahead when I lost. TBH, you must admit Geel is filthy rich now. I believe hes made at least $5,000 today if i'm not mistaken, Which is easily enough to live on although its mainly because of hype. I do expect it to die off later, but even $500 a day aint bad. Just a few things to keep in mind.

You hit it right on the nail captain.

a lot of The One's wins are at 93-94%. So he's barely making anything.

How is it stupid? The 5% fee prevents you from just dropping crazy values and you're the one risking everything for very small profit.

Taking d0's example of dumping 2000$ to a 200$ pot, it means he has a ~91% chance of winning and if he wins he gets 90$ profit (2090$ accounting for fees) i.e. risking 2000$ for 90$.

It isnt a sure win rate and even a single loss would push you heavily into the negative. Big risk, small reward it isnt a broken system which everyone makes it out to be.

last night in a pot I had a 76% chance of winning, lost to a guy who had a 3% chance. RIP 400$ pot

these sites are mainly a place where rich people place a portion of their inventory that they can afford to lose and at the same time have a high chance of winning. w/ 1 win you already have positive income and with that they can keep placing items and build a bank. so rich get richer

the rich people have a monopoly on the site at the moment

once people grow balls and more people gamble high we shouldnt see this  1 sidedness anymore

and in my opinion, having one person put crazy high doesnt discourage others at all. The low gamblers put in their money expecting that they lose, but the feeling of "what if" drives them to continuously put smalls

but eventually we shall see a big upset :)

these sites are mainly a place where rich people place a portion of their inventory that they can afford to lose and at the same time have a high chance of winning. w/ 1 win you already have positive income and with that they can keep placing items and build a bank. so rich get richer

the rich people have a monopoly on the site at the moment

once people grow balls and more people gamble high we shouldnt see this  1 sidedness anymore

and in my opinion, having one person put crazy high doesnt discourage others at all. The low gamblers put in their money expecting that they lose, but the feeling of "what if" drives them to continuously put smalls

but eventually we shall see a big upset :)

It wouldn't make sense to even try, with people having ~1000+ bud backpacks, I wouldn't even try it. If people don't try it, they'll eventually burn out and the site will die, generating a failure of a website launch. 

This is not a scam unless the system is not working as geel stated on the website. According to the math, when people play a lot, they will eventually gain or lose nothing. However, there is transaction fee 5%. That means all of u will lose.

Geel will win. Get it?

This is not a scam unless the system is not working as geel stated on the website. According to the math, when people play a lot, they will eventually gain or lose nothing. However, there is transaction fee 5%. That means all of u will lose.

Geel will win. Get it?

Every time there's a $1k+ raffle, Geel gets at least $50 from fees >.>

Looks like he's going to be winning big.

He should create jackpots where only a max amount of keys is allowed.

No items, no refined, just keys.

I propose we name it the "Long218 Tribute Pot".

Archived