[Site] A small tweak for quick search

ShadowMan

Issue tracker seems dead, dropping this here for now.

Anyway.

~~~~~

Problem: If you write "wrench" in a search box it doesn't show price for normal wrench, but all kinds of botkillers ;\

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/XubUDPJ.png

~~~~~

Suggestion: Prioretize normal wrench over others on search tab. If you want to search for BK - write full name of it, like australiums. /smallrant

~~~~~

Importance - Small, there's better things to actually implement \ fix.

Edited 19\04: The same problem exist with sniper rifle so far. However, that tweak was already implemented on minigun (i.e it shows default 1 at first, then festive\bk)

Something I've always hated is that I can't seem to search for australium items in the search box. When I type in australium, it just shows the paint, and when I search for just the item, I only see botkillers, no aussie. Fiskie please

Also, if quick-search could show australiums that'd save me a ton of time, too, while we're ragging on quick-search :3

Something I've always hated is that I can't seem to search for australium items in the search box. When I type in australium, it just shows the paint, and when I search for just the item, I only see botkillers, no aussie. Fiskie please

317c391cd9a9c33492d91ecf8183c952.png

You actually can.

But problem is - you want aussies to show on "medi gun" request. I want the opposite, you either write full name of item or go away. Why? Showed in op post

Huh. They never used to. Musta been listening all the other times I moaned about it X3

They're showing for a kinda long time (3 months+) already, people just don't use them(unpopular, as i've got about it completely randomly, in a thread\suggestion)

Also add:

Buds

bmoc

houwar.

tc

ke

max

bills

+ any other typical hat with a long name where every trader naturally just shortens

to that list :)

also add more abbreviation and unusual Q. search example

adding Unu to the first word will do an unusual search price

example : Unu bolts team captain

this has been done by Tf2p.com (mobile friendly bp.tf which wasnt by bp.tf itself)

Archived