Wanting a PC build [~1000]

Le Purple Chakra

Hey there.

I'm saving up for a computer, but I want a target to get to that does what I want.

I'm going to be playing TF2, Planetside 2 and possibly CS:GO, that type of thing. Also less CPU-intensive stuff.

I'm thinking around 1000 dollars, and I live in Australia.

I have a mouse and a headset, but they're not amazing. I have Windows 8 on another computer, but I don't know if I can port that over.

Thanks in advance :)

You don't need that much for low end games like that. You should need no more than 600

What would you consider to be a non-low end game?

I paid around $450 USD for my PC and I can run Far Cry 3 at ultra, unless you're playing new and graphically intensive games you shouldn't need to pay more than $500

Alright, thanks to all who replied.

Now i need a 850 AUD build, preferably with a nice headset :)

All those games you want to play are cpu intensive, and are easy to run. So the important question is this... 

Do you want a gaming pc that can play most games well, or something that can handle those games very well but save you money.

You might be able to move windows 8 onto the new computer, but you'd need to remove it from the old computer (and more than likely talk with Microsoft support). In that case, I'd also say reuse the hdd from that computer to shave a bit off the cost of the new one. 

Motherboard: MSI H81M-E34 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($72.00 @ Centre Com) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($249.00 @ Centre Com) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($78.00 @ CPL Online) 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Headset  ($115.00 @ CPL Online) 
Total: $870~
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-19 02:58 EST+1000

Oh, almost forgot:

What's a good flight simulator (cos i want to be a pilot and i got recommended to do some flight sim stuff)?

And will this computer be able to run it?

Oh, almost forgot:

What's a good flight simulator (cos i want to be a pilot and i got recommended to do some flight sim stuff)?

Microsoft Flight Simulator and yes. 

Oh, almost forgot:

FSX is from 2006, pretty much any modern computer will run it.

Archived