Console errors and game stuttering

Zanny77

So I have been having a lot of issues with my game for about a week. I did nothing to change around the files or the game at all and these issues have sprung up. There are a lot of errors I see when I play Team Fortress 2 in the console. Some of them are:
Model '(null)' doesn't have attachment 'backblast' to attach particle system 'rocketbackblast' to.
Failed to load sound "ambient_mp3\fire\fire_small_loop1.mp3", file probably missing from disk/repository
'spy.cfg' not present; not executing.

Because of these errors, while playing my game will experience a lot of stuttering and pretty much render the game unplayable. Does anyone know of any fixes to this?
To try and remedy it myself, I have verified the integrity of the game files, completely deleted the Team Fortress 2 folder in SteamApps and reinstalled the game.
I have looked for help online but most threads are just "yea it's a problem but you can deal with it." That's not an option however cause dealing with it means Uninstalling TF2 and not playing it ever again.
Thank you in advance.

So I have been having a lot of issues with my game for about a week. I did nothing to change around the files or the game at all and these issues have sprung up. There are a lot of errors I see when I play Team Fortress 2 in the console. Some of them are:

Model '(null)' doesn't have attachment 'backblast' to attach particle system 'rocketbackblast' to.

Failed to load sound "ambient_mp3\fire\fire_small_loop1.mp3", file probably missing from disk/repository

'spy.cfg' not present; not executing.

Because of these errors, while playing my game will experience a lot of stuttering and pretty much render the game unplayable. Does anyone know of any fixes to this?

To try and remedy it myself, I have verified the integrity of the game files, completely deleted the Team Fortress 2 folder in SteamApps and reinstalled the game.

I have looked for help online but most threads are just "yea it's a problem but you can deal with it." That's not an option however cause dealing with it means Uninstalling TF2 and not playing it ever again.

Thank you in advance.

First of all, no, the error is something (at least I) everyone is getting, and it does not lag your game. Stuttering can have a variety of causes:

1. Overheating because of potential dust

2. Background programs (like antivirusses) clogging up RAM and eating CPU power

3. A malicious program

First thing's first, make sure your workplace is not too dusty. Just clean out your PC every once in a while. Secondly, go to Task Manager and find the Resource Monitor to find potential "clogging-programs". Loads of tutorials out there, google it. Last but not least, do a full system scan to see if it's a malicious program.

If none of that gave any result, try to verify your game cache. You can do this by going to your Library, right-clicking TF2, clicking Properties, going to the Local files tab and clicking "Verify integrity of game cache..." and letting your PC sit there for a while. It will take about 5-10 minutes, depending on your PC speed.

Hope this helps. Regards, Supore

First of all, no, the error is something (at least I) everyone is getting, and it does not lag your game. Stuttering can have a variety of causes:

1. Overheating because of potential dust

2. Background programs (like antivirusses) clogging up RAM and eating CPU power

3. A malicious program

First thing's first, make sure your workplace is not too dusty. Just clean out your PC every once in a while. Secondly, go to Task Manager and find the Resource Monitor to find potential "clogging-programs". Loads of tutorials out there, google it. Last but not least, do a full system scan to see if it's a malicious program.

If none of that gave any result, try to verify your game cache. You can do this by going to your Library, right-clicking TF2, clicking Properties, going to the Local files tab and clicking "Verify integrity of game cache..." and letting your PC sit there for a while. It will take about 5-10 minutes, depending on your PC speed.

Hope this helps. Regards, Supore

Ok, I was under the impression it was related as the first error would happen whenever it would start stuttering.

I've tried the latter 2 steps and verified the integrity of game cache, but I'm not sure if I'm able to undust my computer, I play on a laptop and to be honest I don't know if opening it up ruins the warranty on it. Is it possible to undust without cracking it open?

Ok, I was under the impression it was related as the first error would happen whenever it would start stuttering.

I've tried the latter 2 steps and verified the integrity of game cache, but I'm not sure if I'm able to undust my computer, I play on a laptop and to be honest I don't know if opening it up ruins the warranty on it. Is it possible to undust without cracking it open?

Yeah, just take some compressed air or vacuum or whatever and blow on the fan.

Also try getting CCleaner and use the registry cleaner. Uninstall bloatware (those programs that come with your computer) and remove programs that don't need to run at startup from startup.

Archived