Forum Specific Suggestions

polar

Ok, just thought about a new forum suggestion  ^_^

Limit the amount of status updates you can make in a day. 

This would work well with my previous forum suggestion. Where as people feel a need to vent/brag/etc. about something they can use a chat-function.

Anyway, I just keep throwing ideas out there  :lol:

Kinda speaks for itself, maybe replace recent with latest and have a way to extend the list on the front page, kinda like suggestions on the main site (backpack.tf)

I very much prefer surfing the forums through the recent topics.

• Like 2

I've always wanted to suggest this for ages but felt that maybe it wouldn't that well appreciated.

Well the thread is here now & so, I would love to see this implemented.

Two words: Software Limitations.

Blame IP.Board for making a forum software that you can't change very much.

Just going to quote polar here knavesmith  ^_^

It went away cause it was always dead. We aren't going to make any major changes to the forums in their current state because I know Brad/Fiskie/DrMcKay are thinking about / working on a completely different forum that's tied into the main site. Having said that, feel free to keep sending ideas because I'm sure they will appreciate input when it comes to building the home-cooked forums.

That too.

You're pretty much proving my point, though.

I didn't realise you were adressing yourself towards Enigma.txt since you didn't quote him and it appeared as if you were shooting suggestions down because they couldn't be implemented in this current forum.

Which would have been irrelevant for the suggestions since they might be for the 'new' forum if there ever comes one.

Sorry for the misunderstanding  ^_^

I trading subtopic for selling IRL items on paypal like ebay or amazon if someone doesnt wanna go through the whole ebay amazon process and already has a payapl account

I didn't realise you were adressing yourself towards Enigma.txt since you didn't quote him and it appeared as if you were shooting suggestions down because they couldn't be implemented in this current forum.

Which would have been irrelevant for the suggestions since they might be for the 'new' forum if there ever comes one.

Sorry for the misunderstanding  ^_^

Uh, you got half of it right.

I was actually addressing the OP hence the lack of a quote. I said that it wouldn't be possible to implement because of our current forum software, but I also had polar's quote in mind while making that post.

• 3 weeks later...
"But this subforum would be seldom used, as not many people are doing trades like this." You are correct, it would be an inactive subforum, but it would provide a home for strange requests and uncommon trades, something that we don't already have. The Dota 2 trading section is characteristically inactive here, but we still have that subforum for the select few using the forum who do trade in Dota 2. 

It would probably be described as something like "This subforum is for trades that don't fall under any of the other trading categories on the forum. These include brokering, requesting services, bartering virtual items for items in real life, et cetera."

I suppose it would also be useful for selling games, since that is sort of a gray area as well.

I trading subtopic for selling IRL items on paypal like ebay or amazon if someone doesnt wanna go through the whole ebay amazon process and already has a payapl account

I don't know. There is really a situation where you can't fit something into TF2, CS:GO, or Dota 2? Like if you are trading games, you'll still be looking for keys of some sort. If you are looking to sell your tv for paypal, I don't think this forum is the appropriate platform. For strange requests like these, people should just use status updates. The only people who would and should do trades like that are regulars who have built up trust among each other. Do you really want random people making posts like this for irl items for cash? Those posts would just fill up with spam.

And regarding the Dota 2 sub-forum. That was made at a time prior to CS:GO when Dota 2 trading was still big. All those threads are archived now. Dota 2 trading is pretty much dead now.

• 2 weeks later...

a sub-forum dedicated to forum games.

ALL OF THE YES!

Let my dreams come true!

this needs to happen,like right now pls mr.polar bear ;c

http://puu.sh/kwtG8.jpg

+1 Let all the forumers have fun playing Hunger games or other fourm games

Give me a link to threads that would fall under this sub-forum. If it seems like there are enough of these I'd consider making one. It won't come up in Recent Topics but the quality of the threads would probably determine whether it would go in the General Discussion or Great Below. 

Give me a link to threads that would fall under this sub-forum. If it seems like there are enough of these I'd consider making one. It won't come up in Recent Topics but the quality of the threads would probably determine whether it would go in the General Discussion or Great Below.

Gladly:

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/42371-describe-the-person-above-you-pokemon-edition/

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/42632-rate-desktop-thread-part-v6/

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/43005-use-one-word-to-describe-your-personality/

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/43963-5th-hunger-games/

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/43361-the-backpacktf-forums-tomodachi-life-game/

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/43906-hunger-games-season-4/

There have also been a few older game threads like "Ban the person above you" or "Rate the person above you" that have long been abandoned. I personally feel like the addition of a forum games subforum would encourage forumers to participate more often as well as make new and more creative games.

The threads in the Forum Games subforum would not appear in the "Most Recent Topics" list nor would posts count towards a user's post count. This would make sure that the threads aren't used to spam the forums.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

Have a suggestion in the general discussions dedicated to food?

Like that there's the tv and movie section, sports, and music sections. There should be one for food. Like sharing recipes, how to make awesome tea. Favourite food experiences etc.

This might be a stupid idea but its worth suggesting it

• Like 1

Like that there's the tv and movie section, sports, and music sections. There should be one for food. Like sharing recipes, how to make awesome tea. Favourite food experiences etc.

I literally love food. +1

Previous suggestions about thread sections were accepted and were applied to this forums are because there are quite a list of threads about that topic (i.e. Music, Sports, etc.). Perhaps, linking the threads about food would get this suggestion faster to be accepted and applied as moderators would not have that much time finding food threads and putting them in one section. 

• 10 months later...

Make the politics thread similar to the great below. To help protect the identities of those who hold views considered controversial. Make it so people without accounts cannot view the politics thread. 

• Administrators

Make the politics thread similar to the great below. To help protect the identities of those who hold views considered controversial. Make it so people without accounts cannot view the politics thread. 

If your views are that awful/extreme that they might incite horror from a casual audience, don't bloody post them thanks. 

If your views are that awful/extreme that they might incite horror from a casual audience, don't bloody post them thanks. 

I'm saying I have awful/extreme views. I just thought that it would be better for it to be a protected forum

• Teeny Tiny Cat unpinned this topic