Why do we apply overpay on level 1 / 7 max's?

Pie Creepin Round Here

The title pretty much sums it up. What is the rationale behind applying overpay on level 1/7 max heads. I mean, I know they were mass duped at some point and valve cleared the histories, but recently people have been using sellers / sales for level 1 max's in suggestions dropping the price of a max head, and these suggestions have been passing. This seems quite inconsistent; we use sales for level 1 max's to set the price for max's, and then we go ahead and say that for the sake of suggesting level 1 max's aren't worth as much as any other level, even though the price was set using level 1 sales / sellers as proof.

See

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/5514b13fb98d88ac368b47f1

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/5510dbe6b88d883e038b4d8a

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/550d0be9ba8d88ed178b46c8

and many more

tl;dr

If we aren't treating level 1 / 7 max's any different when updating the price for the max, I see no reason to treat them any different in unusual suggestions.

Pretty sure you apply overpay on a Max regardless of level, since it's not considered pure. The only items you don't apply overpay on are refined metal and keys

Pretty sure you apply overpay on a Max regardless of level, since it's not considered pure. The only items you don't apply overpay on are refined metal and keys

wrong you noob. Maxes, bills, earbuds, houwars, vintage bills, holiday head cases were all currency. Only the houwars and max remain.

As for the original question, most people think every single level one or seven max head is duped. Originally max heads only"dropped" as level one. An update changed that. Most max heads have between 40 and 90 units. Level has something in the 90 while level 1 has orc 1.6k unit yes, max heads were heavily duped at one point but it got so bad valve erased the history on all of them and gave each it's own id. Any max that shows up as duped now is a valve made duped rather than player Made.

Leven 7 is not desired because it looks like the #1. People are idiots

wrong you noob. Maxes, bills, earbuds, houwars, vintage bills, holiday head cases were all currency. Only the houwars and max remain.

As for the original question, most people think every single level one or seven max head is duped. Originally max heads only"dropped" as level one. An update changed that. Most max heads have between 40 and 90 units. Level has something in the 90 while level 1 has orc 1.6k unit yes, max heads were heavily duped at one point but it got so bad valve erased the history on all of them and gave each it's own id. Any max that shows up as duped now is a valve made duped rather than player Made.

Leven 7 is not desired because it looks like the #1. People are idiots

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/33455-the-new-update-and-what-it-means-for-unusual-suggestions/

(2) The ONLY true currencies that require NO overpay are keys, refined, and cash (SCM or real world dollars). All other items (max heads, buds, australiums, HOUWARs) will require some overpay, though not necessarily 10%.

Rationale for this:

All of these other items have dropped in dollar value in the last two months. You don't (and shouldn't) use 10% overpay to calculate prices. I leave it at the discretion of the suggester to decide what is appropriate, but reasonable estimates for quicksell pure values are 1 key off of the low end of classifieds or 1 key off of the low end of the bp.tf value. This doesn't necessarily apply to every situation, so please use common sense in your judgment.

Yeah, and I'm the noob.

Yes you are the noob. all this Shit with buds falling this hard is relatively new. Maxes are/were tied to buds. They rose and fell with them, same goes for houwars. After a while all gained their own key value, houwars in the 150 key range, buds between 16 and 24 keyd, Maxes between 40 and 50 keys. Head cases were in the 60 range until they dropped to like 14 keys. V.bills were 30 keys. I'm sure if polar didn't say what he did you wouldn't have a response.

Archived