What am I supposed to do with my earbuds now?

array

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I were you I'd go for broke (pun intended) and hold onto them in hopes that they go up at some point in the future.  This is not likely to happen though.   Only other option is to sell them for 5 keys each or whatever it is they're selling for now.  

If I were you I'd go for broke (pun intended) and hold onto them in hopes that they go up at some point in the future.  This is not likely to happen though.   Only other option is to sell them for 5 keys each or whatever it is they're selling for now.

quick sells at four, sales at 5.

Buds dropping has really fucked me over trading wise so I'm just selling my 9 buds + AF cannonball on the SCM. I'd just bail out if I were you.

Life isn't fair, should have sold them before they crashed.

I'll say this again, I'm not a big trader. I haven't involved myself in the buying/selling community in a few months other than cashing out. Well, at least attempting to cash out until a certain website.tf felt the urge to fuck over everyone that doesn't spam refresh on its homepage once every other second. Frankly, I couldn't care about the fiasco of an economy you have around here. One thing I do care about is £200 worth of virtual items in my possession that have been announced redundant for a reason that is beyond me.

One thing I do care about is £200 worth of virtual items in my possession that have been announced redundant for a reason that is beyond me.

Buds were valuable back in the day when you could only add 8 items in the trade window at once. This meant that if you wanted expensive items, you had to use buds. Not keys. Now what is important about buds now? Nothing. They can be worn as a misc. Nothing different than your usual craft hat. People used them for high value trades, but that's about it. Once people started quick selling them, it started a panic. The odds of buds going back up are minimal. Like Polar said, the only currency now is keys and $. Why? Because money has value. We can buy things IRL for money. We can buy things online for money. So on and so forth. Now, keys have a use. You can unbox with keys. Keys are only retrievable throughout buying them from the store and market. With keys, we get unusuals. Just like CSGO with knives and skins.

I'll say this again, I'm not a big trader. I haven't involved myself in the buying/selling community in a few months other than cashing out. Well, at least attempting to cash out until a certain website.tf felt the urge to fuck over everyone that doesn't spam refresh on its homepage once every other second. Frankly, I couldn't care about the fiasco of an economy you have around here. One thing I do care about is £200 worth of virtual items in my possession that have been announced redundant for a reason that is beyond me.

You realize this is the same thing as saying "I bought these stocks months ago and then I didn't pay any attention to the market and in the meantime the company went bankrupt (which I would have seen coming had I bothered to keep myself informed).  Now I want my money back."  

It's called risk and it's inherent in all investments.  

You realize this is the same thing as saying "I bought these stocks months ago and then I didn't pay any attention to the market and in the meantime the company went bankrupt (which I would have seen coming had I bothered to keep myself informed).  Now I want my money back."  

It's called risk and it's inherent in all investments.  

And you are fully aware that this is a video game?

This is a video game with a functioning economy. Experienced traders get profit, newbies get losses. Simple.

And yet here you are making a thread complaining that a virtual item you own lost value and that it isn't fair to you because you want your money.

That certain website still has buds priced at 8 keys while their market value is actually 5 keys or even less.

If it's just a video game you wouldn't be complaining about money, would you? I think not.

You should have atleast checked the state of buds when you sold your hats. Its your own fault if you hadn't realized buds were 2 keys less than bp prices and haven't noticed that most people are no longer accepting buds

You know, when I looked in the tf2wiki pretty sure it said it was cosmetic and since buds are no longer a currency its best to give them away wear them as a nice cosmetic...

If you were so concerned about the value of your virtual items then you never should have spent the money in the first place or you should have kept your money reserved in a stable currency like keys. Don't go crying to the forums now because you've lost value due to your own negligence. 

I'm getting the impression Team Fortress 2 is more than a video game to you.

"Team Fortress 2 is a team-based first-person shooter multiplayer video game"

(Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Fortress_2)

I don't consider this a game for fun. Part of it is fun sure, But I mainly play this game to trade and profit. That's the fun in it.

Archived