So, are unusuals now worth what backpack.tf says?

BOOM!

If so, there are 50+ key discounts on the classifieds.. are these going to be treated as the new prices and be generally excepted as traders or will suggestions roll in fixing them?

GG sold by bliz tc for 50 keys like 2 weeks ago now worth 75-100 or something.

I'd say any price older than even a month would be outdated now. It's going to be fun watching what the traders who have never actually price checked a hat do now.

My stormy storm TC is dropping in price because its priced in buds too.. we need to start pricing things in keys.

I sold my hat today for a C. bubbles reggaelator, and now the hat i sold it for is 14 buds, while my reggaelator is still 9.5 buds :(

fuck no lol!

average price of every item in tf2 didn't increase 50% overnight.

but it looks like it did.

> buds r shit lets get rid of them

> scales new prices off historical bud prices

so logical.

well i want to know what this raise was based on

because as much as i would like my unusuals to double in price, i dont think people will offer that

Old prices are still old prices. Just because it changed recently with the update doesn't mean that the price isn't out of date. Realistically, most of the new key prices are somewhat high, since unusuals have been dropping over the past 6 months, just not as steeply as buds.

But this is the way all items have always been:

if an item if worth 2 buds, it's worth 2 buds, but when the price of buds changes, it's key price changes, and so does it's metal price, along with it's USD price.

if an items is worth 2 keys, it's worth 2 keys, but when the price of keys changes, it's metal price changes, along with it's USD price.

if an item is worth 2 ref it's worth 2 ref, but when the price of ref changes, it's USD price changes.

That's the problem with having 4 currencies used to price things.

That's why we update the prices of items, but we do it when the sale values change, not when the currency values change.

Modest Pile of Scrap Power sold for 30 keys today literally less than half an hour now worth 92 keys.

It's obviously not worth that much though. It's what people will pay for it just because people priced it at that  What I'm guessing will happen is prices will settle. Right now you can't use bp.tf to price your unusuals , I guess just wait out to see how market goes. You obviously can't sell an unusual priced at 100 keys bp.tf when everyone else is selling for 20-30.

This morning my bp value was something like $2500.  Now it's $4000.   

10/10 would convert again

You've made $1.5k, congrats.

Why do 50% people ITT implying that "WAT BP SAIS" matters?

They don't know how to price unusuals so instead of using their brain. They use bp.tf. People are coming up to me and insiting there robo unusuals is 14 buds because the last time it got priced was 2 years ago and in reality is worth like 5 max.

They don't know how to price unusuals so instead of using their brain. They use bp.tf

bp.tf > the average trader's brain

They do realize that traders make the prices on bp.tf, right? 

bp.tf > the average trader's brain

They do realize that traders make the prices on bp.tf, right? 

If your talking about unusual there's probably hundreds of outdated unusual. For low tier updated unusual its fine but tons of traders just use it as the SOLE guideline for pricing. Someone offered me a killawatt bandana priced at 4 buds at bp.tf (preupdate today) and insisted on trading it for my aussie grenade launcher. I showed him an outpost trade of someone selling it for 17 keys  buyout price and not getting any offers  and not getting any offers and he kept insisting that it was priced at 4 buds and I was making  "major profit." if I did the deal with him.

Many unusuals are outdated or have a higher price then what there priced at because there is simply not enough people to constantly update unusual prices and due to sometimes unusuals being suggested and accept at quicksold prices. A lattern tossle got accepted at like 4 buds pre update should have been around 6 but the suggestion that was accepted was someone who was quick selling all of his unusuals. Thus shouldn't of been valid. 

Archived