Quick Question about Item IDs

Banksy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

So since I'm new here I'm wondering what the difference between an item ID highlighted in red means and what a item ID highlighted in green means. 

I know red highlight = ID isnt in order, but why does the ID turn green right after that? (sometimes)

post-18050-0-00263800-1427822236_thumb.png

Green is the go signal. When the light turns red, you must come to a full stop.

In all seriousness, the red means that the person who owns that item was banned or tagged on steam rep. Or the item was duplicated.

The red ID means that another item with the same ID exists. In other words, item duped

The green ID is very fine

^ Best answer.

So since I'm new here I'm wondering what the difference between an item ID highlighted in red means and what a item ID highlighted in green means. 

I know red highlight = ID isnt in order, but why does the ID turn green right after that? (sometimes)

attachicon.gifex.png

let me answer your actual question unlike literally everyone else

backpack.tf/item/3120493298

a clean item shows the ID changing. a new ID is generated every time it's traded. the ID number gets higher and higher as more are generated. this follows in chronological order. the older the hat, the higher the ID number.

http://backpack.tf/item/175498229

the red numbers are numbers which are lower than the one chronologically before, yet which appear in a backpack after it chronologically. so logically it's quite likely that the next item ID generated will be bigger than the red one and appear after it, so that will be green.

Green = Legit
Red = Duped or once owned by marked trader.

If it's red, don't expect full price from an experienced trader. Otherwise, go nuts with trading it.

let me answer your actual question unlike literally everyone else

backpack.tf/item/3120493298

a clean item shows the ID changing. a new ID is generated every time it's traded. the ID number gets higher and higher as more are generated. this follows in chronological order. the older the hat, the higher the ID number.

http://backpack.tf/item/175498229

the red numbers are numbers which are lower than the one chronologically before, yet which appear in a backpack after it chronologically. so logically it's quite likely that the next item ID generated will be bigger than the red one and appear after it, so that will be green.

so I traded for an item that has been duped before, but it is green for me, but red for others.

does this mean the version I have is clean?

Green is the go signal. When the light turns red, you must come to a full stop.

In all seriousness, the red means that the person who owns that item was banned or tagged on steam rep. Or the item was duplicated.

so I traded for an item that has been duped before, but it is green for me, but red for others.

does this mean the version I have is clean?

Red = Duped

Green = OK

The ID Number Changes Each Time An Item Is Traded Changing To A Higher Number If The Item Has A Lower ID 

Than The Previous Trader Than The Item Has Been Duped 

So Stay Far Away From Them Also 

The Backpack History Will Blatantly Tell You If The Item You're Trading For Is Duped Or Not

Red = Duped

Green = OK

The ID Number Changes Each Time An Item Is Traded Changing To A Higher Number If The Item Has A Lower ID 

Than The Previous Trader Than The Item Has Been Duped 

So Stay Far Away From Them Also 

The Backpack History Will Blatantly Tell You If The Item You're Trading For Is Duped Or Not

that answers my question, thanks! 

Archived