Isn't bp.tf very impractical?

Chbzsk

Why isn't anyone bothered that in bible.tf sales links for a hundred or so keys out of the thousands sold is used as "proof"? Especially considering how almost ALL of it is from a site that closely follows reported prices here.

Why isn't anyone bothered that in bible.tf sales links for a hundred or so keys out of the thousands sold is used as "proof"? Especially considering how almost ALL of it is from a site that closely follows reported prices here.

1. Impossible to track at least 50% sales per day. And... pointless?

2. Userbase. If it'll move to any other site we'll start use IT.

Oh I know it's extremely difficult hence the impractical part. I'm sure there are many sites and trade servers and trade groups besides outpost though. The only reason I'm not making a big deal out of it is because I honestly don't have a solution myself.

Well our prices tend to be around the same as tf2finance which is automated...I dont see the issue?

Its always better the have multiple sources for prices, you have tf2finance, bp.ft and trade.tf.

Impracticle? I dunno, if 50 keys are used as proof out of 150 and they are all sold for the same price...

I guess it's a sample size, and really it's a pretty weak example.

The fact you call it bible.tf makes your stance very unreliable.

I meant for it to emphasise how the major source used for proof sticks so very close to reported prices. I'm not sure how calling it that changes my argument though. I would actually appreciate if someone could explain why this system isn't fatally flawed. I do agree it's the best we have right now though.

Edit: for currency specifically tf2finance makes a lot more sense tbh

I meant for it to emphasise how the major source used for proof sticks so very close to reported prices. I'm not sure how calling it that changes my argument though. I would actually appreciate if someone could explain why this system isn't fatally flawed. I do agree it's the best we have right now though.

Edit: for currency specifically tf2finance makes a lot more sense tbh

We price stuff based on what others sell and buy for.

The only way it's fatally flawed is if we ENFORCE our prices to be 100% accurate all the time every time and that they must be followed.

But you don't see us doing that now, do you?

The only way it's fatally flawed is if we ENFORCE our prices to be 100% accurate all the time every time and that they must be followed.

I realise that but bp.tf inadvertently has that effect whether you would like to admit it or not. I definitely agree you're not enforcing anything but to a significant degree it does contribute to higher prices

If you read the market analysis on tf2finance it's pretty accurate up until the assumption that there is an almost equal ratio of people selling +/- reported prices. Compared to the real world there is no competition in tf2 trading. There is no monopoly and no expense for advertisement or movement of goods. This coupled with the fact that everyone has similar access to services means a much larger portion of regular traders (the few hundreds who are betters off) can afford to sell at prices higher than reported prices.

Once the reservoir of people selling below or at bp.tf runs out by the majority buying and reselling at higher prices bp.tf starts taking in proof and prices go up. This aids in the horizontal shift in demand on a demand and supply graph.

Typing all this out made me realise the issue isn't bp.tf or the people. It's just how the game is set up haha.

Well then. Have a good day. [emoji4]

Archived