Programs Disappearing from Menus?

SilverSpeed

Hi.

I've been noticing over several months that more and more programs have stopped appearing in my search bar and in the "Add/Remove Programs" menu.

I am uncertain of why this has been happening but I can confirm that each program that appears missing is still in the original download directory.

Examples of programs include everything from Microsoft Office, Anvi Smart Defender, Puush (Though this has now been manually deleted due to the recent hacking.), Avira, and likely others.

I'm not sure if it's related but the Calculator application recently changed to be called Calc.exe on my computer as well.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

The name of the executable that launches when you open calculator is called "calc.exe", so I think that is normal. Do you have any antiviruses or registry cleaners? Also do a scan with malwarebytes.

The name of the executable that launches when you open calculator is called "calc.exe", so I think that is normal. Do you have any antiviruses or registry cleaners? Also do a scan with malwarebytes.

I have Avira and Anvi Smart Defender for virus cleaning, Anvi is able to clean out registries but that requires the premium, which I don't have the money to pay for.

I use ESET and Malwarebytes 

Malwarebytes has made my comp resistant to phishing and all malware

ESET is my housekeeper and just gets rid of corrupted shit and useless temp files

Archived