SteamRep Donator Tags in the SteamRep slot on Profile

Aethrozᴷᴹᴳᴸ

A pretty straight-forward suggestion.

Adding "Donator" as a tag for the "SteamRep" section on our profiles.

hWAyYTr.png

I know there are also differing levels of SteamRep Donor, but it really only breaks down into 2 categories: Permanent or Timed.

Xbfr2Hd.png

Tier 4(IV) and 5 (V) are Permanent, while 1/2/3(I/II/III) are for periods of time.

I don't know exactly how the SteamRep info is gathered, but if possible, I think the best way to show the Donor would be in 2 categories:

Permanent Donator

Timed Donator

If not possible, I'd still love to see a "Donator" tag come in use.

I guess that's all. 

Discuss?

I'm voting for no.

It's a SteamRep only thing and there's no point in doing this (iirc scrap.tf has it because theirs admins have donators tags).

A pretty straight-forward suggestion.

Adding "Donator" as a tag for the "SteamRep" section on our profiles.

I know there are also differing levels of SteamRep Donor, but it really only breaks down into 2 categories: Permanent or Timed.

Tier 4(IV) and 5 (V) are Permanent, while 1/2/3(I/II/III) are for periods of time.

I don't know exactly how the SteamRep info is gathered, but if possible, I think the best way to show the Donor would be in 2 categories:

Permanent Donator

Timed Donator

If not possible, I'd still love to see a "Donator" tag come in use.

I guess that's all. 

Discuss?

No, the badge is not permanent. No point of adding it. + SR sux

Hell, I have donator status on SR (and i'm starting to wonder if that was a good idea) and I would say no. I see no purpose for it, it doesn't represent any form of trust or rep so you wouldn't want for anyone to mistake it for that.

Nope.

Scammers before they are marked can buy these donator tags, this would really help to misguide victims, and only help them commit more scams.

For example, on an outpost trade:

Buying promos for the best prices on the market!

Earbuds - $19

Keys - $1.85

Why should you trust me?

- SteamRep Donator (i spend money on this game and help keep a site that bans scammers from the community!)

Being a donator is in no way an indication of trustworthiness, as steamrep donator status could simply be someone trying to buy their trust.

The only tags that matter are caution, admin, and banned, im my opinion

Being a donator is in no way an indication of trustworthiness, as steamrep donator status could simply be someone trying to buy their trust.

The only tags that matter are caution, admin, and banned, im my opinion

It's as much an indication of trust as any of the other tags. Plus, there are "OK" for trade, VAC and Community, yet VAC has very little to do with trading integrity. How many people of the 48 Perma-Donors on SR donated to fake trust?

No, the badge is not permanent. No point of adding it. + SR sux

It's perm. Until you are banned on SR.

These are WAY less used to fake trust, than fake -rep on BP.tf which I see getting whined about quite often.

I understand there are very few people with these tags, I'm saying that since there is a SR Tag, it should show those who are Donor, the same as Premium and Donor are shown for Bp.tf

A few of the people I've done IRL trades with look to SR and see donator, and it does alleviate some doubts. Obviously there is no sure way to know somebody will NOT scam you.

I'm not saying this is a way to prove trust. Yes, some people will look to it, but if they are checking you out for IRL trading they should be thorough enough to actually travel to SR.

I'm saying it would be a nice feature to have, since SR tags are already implemented.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived