Gaming Headset

Explosion-chan

Options-

Afterglow wireless prismatic gaming

Razer Carcharias

Planotronics GameCom 780

SteelSeries Limited Edition 7H

SteelSeries Siberia Elite

I list these because they're available for half off or more. If you have any other suggestions that are really good deals, suggest them.

Overpriced.

Overated.

Get beats by dre xDXDXD HyperX Cloud. Best headset, amen.

If you can find me a good deal, I'd definitely consider. They may normally be overpriced, but not so much when they're 50%+ off.

If you can find me a good deal, I'd definitely consider. They may normally be overpriced, but not so much when they're 50%+ off.

I wouldn't get Razer or Steelseries, as they worn out really quick.

I dunno about others, but that was my best advice. I've been using this headset for soo long, the quality and sound is just amazing. 

This headset is specially for CSGO btw. If you play something else, wouldn't advice to get it too much.

A long lasting good headset > a 50% off low quality one

Ok, so I own an Afterglow Prismatic Headset, I can tell you what all the features really mean to a user: 

http://goo.gl/imT9HS

• 2.4gHz wireless communication powered by the latest Avnera technology offering up to 100 feet in range -- Will work up to 20m with 4 walls and a wooden desk in between the transmitter
  • Pre-paired with the wireless transmitter for easy setup -- Plug and play! Although the transmitter is kinda fat so you gotta put it into a USB slot that isn't next to USB slots already taken, and plug the sound cable in as well.
  • Digital audio signal processor with custom engineered algorithms to provide three distinct audio modes -- Change the way you hear stuff!
  • Flexible retractable mic boom for optimal microphone placement with integrated 3 color led light to indicate audio modes -- A retractable mic that won't reach in front of your face, but will work fine anyway, the light corresponds with the 3 sounds modes.
  • Dual (audio and chat) volume dials, large mute button and audio mode select button are conveniently located on the headset's left ear cup -- I have no idea what this does, I generally have it set to Chat and turn the master volume down.
  • Prismatic Color Select LED lighting Customize Afterglow's signature light effects. Select your favorite color lighting from a range of over 2400 different colors. -- Changes the colour of the massive sides, just hold the "mode" button and it will fade through the colours, release to choose your colour, it's default is blue, even if it's a different colour when you turn it off, it also can fade blue to black, but for some reason won't fade any other colours to black.
  • Comes with your standard headset stuff, audio connector cable, rca, usb p&p charging cable (that's right, it needs TWO usb ports, 1 for the transmitter, 1 for the charge cable)
  • Comes free with Afterglow sticker pack, so you can do the manufacturer's job for them!
  • Comes with a zip-up case which is pretty tough but i've never even used the damn thing

Pros:

•  hehe, headset change pretty colours
  • Sounds great when in full Bass Boost, TF2's explosive sounds echo on and on and on
  • will totally work from across your living room or bedroom, most of the time even the next room
  • p&p charging cable is like 2m long, so you don't really need to be close to your power source to charge it
  • mic transmits clearly
  • doesn't seem possible to blow out the speakers with extremely loud sounds, i can blast heavy metal at max volume on bass boost mode and it'll still play anything perfectly afterwards
  • USB transmitter has a cool blue LED that really really lights up, so you can tell it's working.
  • USB transmitter can be used with PC and mac
  • USB transmitter can be used with PS3, X360 and Wii through the use of RCA cable, which comes with the headset, not sure about next gen coz that's all my instruction "booklet" covers
  • can be used with mobile devices without the USB transmitter, just use the line-in cable

Cons:

• it feels kinda heavy, and hurts my head if I wear it for a really long time
  • it makes this really REALLY fucking annoying double beep when it's running low on battery, it'll be cute when you first buy it, but a few months in you'll want to throw it out onto the road and run it over. the tone will play once every 60 seconds after the battery gets to a certain level, until the battery runs out.
  • ear cups have a weird rubber(?) like material on them which makes them hard to clean, and if you clean too hard the rubber(?) just rips, leaving the foam/stuffing inside the cups, which will get that dirty too
  • i can't find anywhere to get replacement earcups from
  • transmitter feels like it could be slimmer but meh, not really a bad thing
  • i paid $149 AUD for it
  • if you have a dog that likes to bark, your ears will die because if you have the mic turned on while your dog is barking, it will transmit that shit straight to your ears
  • for some reason, if you are wearing the headset, and are charging it, but have the headset turned off, it will still transmit any audible sound straight to your ears, such as a dog barking
  • instruction "booklet" is more of a flyer, i feel like i'm lost on route 66 with a huge fold-out map trying to find my way to the nearest roadside diner

Conclusion: If I had to go back in time and choose knowing these things, I wouldn't buy these again, if there was a lighter version without the pretty lights that also had the "bass boost" feature and a retractable mic, I would choose those instead, I've looked around trying to find the weight of these, but can't find it anywhere, as for the ear cups, if you choose to make the covering out of such a flimsy material, at least make it easy to find replacements.

Holy shit PDP, shorten your fucking links.

Ok, so I own an Afterglow Prismatic Headset, I can tell you what all the features really mean to a user: 

http://goo.gl/imT9HS

• 2.4gHz wireless communication powered by the latest Avnera technology offering up to 100 feet in range -- Will work up to 20m with 4 walls and a wooden desk in between the transmitter
  • Pre-paired with the wireless transmitter for easy setup -- Plug and play! Although the transmitter is kinda fat so you gotta put it into a USB slot that isn't next to USB slots already taken, and plug the sound cable in as well.
  • Digital audio signal processor with custom engineered algorithms to provide three distinct audio modes -- Change the way you hear stuff!
  • Flexible retractable mic boom for optimal microphone placement with integrated 3 color led light to indicate audio modes -- A retractable mic that won't reach in front of your face, but will work fine anyway, the light corresponds with the 3 sounds modes.
  • Dual (audio and chat) volume dials, large mute button and audio mode select button are conveniently located on the headset's left ear cup -- I have no idea what this does, I generally have it set to Chat and turn the master volume down.
  • Prismatic Color Select LED lighting Customize Afterglow's signature light effects. Select your favorite color lighting from a range of over 2400 different colors. -- Changes the colour of the massive sides, just hold the "mode" button and it will fade through the colours, release to choose your colour, it's default is blue, even if it's a different colour when you turn it off, it also can fade blue to black, but for some reason won't fade any other colours to black.
  • Comes with your standard headset stuff, audio connector cable, rca,usb p&p charging cable (that's right, it needs TWO usb ports, 1 for the transmitter, 1 for the charge cable)
  • Comes free with Afterglow sticker pack, so you can do the manufacturer's job for them!
  • Comes with a zip-up case which is pretty tough but i've never even used the damn thing

Pros:

•  hehe, headset change pretty colours
  • Sounds great when in full Bass Boost, TF2's explosive sounds echo on and on and on
  • will totally work from across your living room or bedroom, most of the time even the next room
  • p&p charging cable is like 2m long, so you don't really need to be close to your power source to charge it
  • mic transmits clearly
  • doesn't seem possible to blow out the speakers with extremely loud sounds, i can blast heavy metal at max volume on bass boost mode and it'll still play anything perfectly afterwards
  • USB transmitter has a cool blue LED that really really lights up, so you can tell it's working.
  • USB transmitter can be used with PC and mac
  • USB transmitter can be used with PS3, X360 and Wii through the use of RCA cable, which comes with the headset, not sure about next gen coz that's all my instruction "booklet" covers
  • can be used with mobile devices without the USB transmitter, just use the line-in cable

Cons:

• it feels kinda heavy, and hurts my head if I wear it for a really long time
  • it makes this really REALLY fucking annoying double beep when it's running low on battery, it'll be cute when you first buy it, but a few months in you'll want to throw it out onto the road and run it over. the tone will play once every 60 seconds after the battery gets to a certain level, until the battery runs out.
  • ear cups have a weird rubber(?) like material on them which makes them hard to clean, and if you clean too hard the rubber(?) just rips, leaving the foam/stuffing inside the cups, which will get that dirty too
  • i can't find anywhere to get replacement earcups from
  • transmitter feels like it could be slimmer but meh, not really a bad thing
  • i paid $149 AUD for it
  • if you have a dog that likes to bark, your ears will die because if you have the mic turned on while your dog is barking, it will transmit that shit straight to your ears
  • for some reason, if you are wearing the headset, and are charging it, but have the headset turned off, it will still transmit any audible sound straight to your ears, such as a dog barking
  • instruction "booklet" is more of a flyer, i feel like i'm lost on route 66 with a huge fold-out map trying to find my way to the nearest roadside diner

Conclusion: If I had to go back in time and choose knowing these things, I wouldn't buy these again, if there was a lighter version without the pretty lights that also had the "bass boost" feature and a retractable mic, I would choose those instead, I've looked around trying to find the weight of these, but can't find it anywhere, as for the ear cups, if you choose to make the covering out of such a flimsy material, at least make it easy to find replacements.

Holy shit PDP, shorten your fucking links.

I can get it for <$50 so should I buy?

The sound quality is easily worth $50, yeah if you can get it for a good price.

And they match all my other blue glowing shit

And they match all my other blue glowing shit

then it's settled, buy the afterglows

i really would like them to fade from different colours other than blue though

Recently bought http://goo.gl/pe7Fd7

Cheap ($40 compared to the $60-$100 I see here), flexible mic, plugs into mobile phones, easy voice transmission and comfortable

Obviously, compared to other $100-$200 headset, they seem kind of flimsy, but they're good.

I have the siberia, would recommend. Get the dota one, use the key inside, make 10$ steam wallet easy so think of it coming with a 10$ steam card

I know people with large heads and they also fit comfortable. 

Guys, he's looking for good deals. Which means good product for a low price (or lower than what you'd pay)

Posting a headset that is a $100 is not something that he wants, from what I've gathered, unless he can get one for cheap (<50% off) and it works decent

ATH m50x w/ mod mic c:

i'll never back down, down with gaming headphones

He's never going to buy this. It's an average of $160 without the mod, and even half off it would still be $80, which I assume to be his budget looking at his replies

I might be completely wrong in this assumption, but people should consider it before offering headsets that are completely out of his price range

P.S.: Relevant sig

gaming headsets ~ complete scam. Buy regular headphones, trust me. 7.1~ scam as well tbh...

hyperxcloud for dayz, cheap and very good. have a look for second hand, don't buy something so cheap ,save up for the hyperxcloud, the 2 just adds 7.1 which isn't needed

Archived