Attack Ads

A Cyan Stone in Mustard

Here are two examples of the Conservative Party of Canada attacking the Liberals with attack ads:

Here is the Liberal Party's leader responding to them:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/news-video/video-watch-justin-trudeaus-response-to-conservative-attack-ads/article11518002/#video0id11518002

I find it pretty immature how political parties will find any somewhat controversial saying and use it in hopes to find support. I find it stupid to focus on finding problems in opponents and exploiting it in ads rather than making ads that actually discuss how to fix issues or introduce new things, things that a political party should actually do.

What are your thoughts on this?

i find it stupid that there are commercials to demoralise another party rather than build up your own party

What, is it time now to destroy another's chance of winning to increase your chance of winning by less than 0.1%, while looking like a total asshole to the public?

i find it stupid that there are commercials to demoralise another party rather than build up your own party

What, is it time now to destroy another's chance of winning to increase your chance of winning by less than 0.1%, while looking like a total asshole to the public?

It worked for Tony Abbott.

Eh, politicians will be politicians. Although I dislike the fact that the Conservative Party is doing attack ads like these, Harper's doing a pretty decent job for Canada and it's unlikely that 

Canadians will change their minds about the Conservatives. Trudeau is still too much of a liberal for many Canadians to like him. 

Eh, politicians will be politicians. Although I dislike the fact that the Conservative Party is doing attack ads like these, Harper's doing a pretty decent job for Canada and it's unlikely that 

Canadians will change their minds about the Conservatives. Trudeau is still too much of a liberal for many Canadians to like him. 

MACJbOL.gif

Sorry I've just needed to find a use for this gif

Politics do talk about the real problems, that is to say, themselves !

There are very big issues many countries face, such as public debt, monetary power, democratic institutions, freedom to stand for elections outside the 2 main parties, transparency, immigration, social security, fraud (fiscal and social), unfair wars abroad, fundamental rights, private life, etc.

Frankly, I strongly dislike the juvenile nature of attack ads which isn't help much by the fact I have to put up with them so much.

I think attack ads should be banned, or at least regulated, but who would regulate them? Those in power? No way.

So yeah. Banned.

Archived