So whatre you guys going to do when the market crashes?

ThePhantomSpank

Ref will hit .01 this year and buds might just make it down to a couple keys or less. Are you going to liquidate your backpack before then or hold out to see what happens?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing.

Sold all of my items for TF2 Pure and converted to CSGO skins/pure. No economy crash there :^)

This thread should be under TF2 Discussions/Great Below

The economy isn't crashing; buds have been dying for a long time now as they don't really serve a purpose anymore. The same goes for ref. Once buds get low enough unusuals will become decoupled from buds and become coupled to keys instead. 

Assuming the economy crashes (I don't believe it will.) I will continue to do what I do now,that being playing the game and not trading.

The economy isn't crashing; buds have been dying for a long time now as they don't really serve a purpose anymore. The same goes for ref. Once buds get low enough unusuals will become decoupled from buds and become coupled to keys instead. 

Just a question; when did buds have a purpose? Why did it have such an immense buying power? Why werent unusuals coupled with keys from the beginning? Why were they coupled with buds instead?

Just a question; when did buds have a purpose? Why did it have such an immense buying power? Why werent unusuals coupled with keys from the beginning? Why were they coupled with buds instead?

For the first two years of trading there was ONLY the in-game trade system which allowed for a user to ONLY put up 8 items. So the way things worked would be: 

Buy a key with ref, buy a bill with keys, buy a bud with two black/white bills, buy a max with 5 buds, and so on. So these larger denominations were created to make trading possible. Now that there is no real item limit, buds have been slowly losing buying power. 

Edit: iirc, the steam trading beta was released in September-ish 2011, and was beyond buggy and ran along side the normal TF2 in-game trade for over a year. 

I'm just going to keep trading TF2 items.

Because the economy isn't crashing.

It's just merely morphing into another reasonable market but with keys having more demand than ref and buds. So, calm down.

Keep all my hats because they're pretty and keep playing the game like I always have.

imo once buds hit like 5-6 keys (which they probably will given that there are already sellers under 8) people won't use them as an unusual currency anymore. Keys are the much better option all around, the only block from tf2 switching to a key centered economy is all the people who still own buds, as well as the existence of super high tier hats which cant reasonably be bought with keys.

But if the market did crash, id laugh at everyone who said it wasnt.

If it doesnt, more money for me.

I cashed out most of my bp already.

I really couldn't care less about the economy. I just have Tf2 mainly for the gameplay now. Trading is not like it used to be.  :(

Everyone, like Crafter's post.

Fug u, Sarket is bed

:DDDDDDDDDDDDD

On topic: probably laugh a little, and then buy my dream hats at low prices. Its what the traders of old would have done.

To say the market isn't in a vulnerable position is just denial. However with that being said, I am confident it will recover with the next major update (at the soonest)

Buds will probably drop to like 8 keys, then like always, they will raise to like 15 keys. They will then drop again.

Buds will probably drop to like 8 keys, then like always, they will raise to like 15 keys. They will then drop again.

then people are going to complain left and right

Archived