STAR_

michael-

Look at all the "teeefftoo iz ded cuz" comments.

I'm so fucking sick of everyone assuming STAR_ is the one and only Team Fortress 2 commentator. They treat him like he is the TF2 God and if he doesn't like to play TF2 anymore than TF2 is dead. 

Just because STAR_ anally pleasures himself to Overwatch doesn't mean TF2 is dead, but his droolies follow his every word and preach it like a Westboro Baptist Church member publicizes their hate for gays. 

tl;dr TF2 is very much alive. There are still many great commentators and TF2 YouTubers, I'll post a few of my personal favorites below int he spoiler. 

ArraySeven

iKonakona (who has recently returned from a hiatus)

ScottJAw

eXtine

Jerma (but his have been a little scarce lately)

NISLT (aka siN)

Uncle Dane

SalTV

AND FINE MUSELK BECAUSE OF ALL THE FREAKIN' COMPLAINING

...and a whole lot more

(and this isn't even including SFM and Gmod creators)

What do you expect? It's the youtube comment section. Of course people are gonna say that.

Problem with tf2 is the community ; scammers, sharkers, griefers, and simply plain out idiots galore.

Jerma and STAR_ have been like complete opposites when it comes to tf2. 

(Go look for their reactions to the smissmass update. Jerma was excited and having fun while STAR_ just complained the entire commentary)

Also go watch Jerma's video. He claimed that Overwatch gave him a new urge to play tf2 again, while STAR_ didn't even mention tf2.

STAR_ probably has ~ 3000 or more hours on tf2, and has played just about every game mode that exists. It makes sense for him to be tired of the game. 

But tbh, TF2 is going slightly downhill. Trading pace seems a little slower to me, MGE servers are pretty much dead typically, Prop hunt is dead, no more good rocket jump servers, Hals playground (my favorite server host) fell apart, the comp scene is pretty much rotting away, and there are very few new game modes, and even less people playing the other non-vanilla tf2 gamemodes. Valve has been lazy with their updates, and I wouldn't be surprised if the next update was something huge and then valve says "sorry m8's we're tired of coming up with good content for this game so this is the last update. Enjoy" (Followed by a few patches to fix the broken things within the update) 

Overwatch looks like it'll be a fun game, and very similar to tf2 with hopefully some new and fresh elements that make it as successful as tf2. 

i've never seen a muselk video but i can tell you that star is really just an average skill level player who new players seem to revere as some kind of all-star (lol punz)

Though TF2 isnt dying i can see why a lot of people think it is especially with practically all prominent tf2 commentator/players (Star, jerma, b4nny, stabby stabby...etc) has "quit" tf2 and voice their interest in Overwatch being excited for it's release. It isnt only stars opinion that tf2 is getting dull/boring he has been playing it for a while and they are bound to get bored of it which is what has happened but when seemingly every other popular tf2 channel all seem to be dropping it you can understand why many think this.

The main issue with TF2 atm, is the lack of any game changing/improving updates every update for the past year and a bit has been milking the cow with the creators simply taking cosmetics from the workshop and throwing in a few unusual effects into the mix to get players "excited". It shows a lot when the player base has been the ones who actively fix glitches and bugs even sending valve fixes to many problems in tf2 only to be ignored (medibeam, invisible players...etc all sent fixes to valve but was ignored) the last straw was the extremely hyped EOTL where players were looking forward to new weapons, maps and finally support for competitive and that turned out to be skins, no map and duck collecting...

tf2 is dying for a few reasons.
-comp is dead, everyone moved to CS:GO

-economy is waning, everyone is cashing out and moving to CS:GO

That's really it, but those two really hurt, as traders and comp players represent some of the people more dedicated to the game. If you lose your dedicated fanbase your game may be on its way out.

tf2 is dying for a few reasons.

-comp is dead, everyone moved to CS:GO

-economy is waning, everyone is cashing out and moving to CS:GO

That's really it, but those two really hurt, as traders and comp players represent some of the people more dedicated to the game. If you lose your dedicated fanbase your game may be on its way out.

TF2 comp is actually going really well and there are a lot more players however with that said it is dead in the sense that valve doesnt give a f*ck about tf2 comp with 0 support.

The economy has always been the same, most experienced traders have moved to cs:go to take advantage of their experience, all the scams, profit methods...etc they have been familiar with for the past few years in cs:go it's "new" heck the middleman scam is considered new in cs:go. Traders are here for profit, if cs:go presents a bigger opportunity it's obvious they will move to it, cs:go is somewhat unstable where prices shoot up and down sharply the experied trader can easily take advantage of this and make a profit.

>people caring about other Youtube people playing video games

Well there's your problem

Considering the fact that most players only know about certain games because of youtube it's no surprise.

Overwatch looks interesting and I am excited to play it in the future.  People who have already played seem to have pretty different opinions on the game.

As far as the side conversation going on referencing TF2 is dying, I disagree with that.  I'm not sure about trading because I haven't been in the trading community long enough to comment, but I've been following competitive TF2 for years and it seems to still be going strong and there are some truly awesome players out there.  Websites such as TF2Center and other sites that attempt to engage everyone from the community to play together and it seems as if the game is thriving, at least in my opinion.

Hm I need to make a video to get paid more money, but I am out of ideas...
:o sudden realization!  :o

Title: Is TF2 dying?
Description: nobody reads it anyway
Views: Lots

Proceed to a video that is just an opinion piece, based on a very small and selective sample of what actually is going on.

Said opinion is then repeated ad nauseum by fanboys who desperately want to be closer to the object of their infatuation.

The problem with tf2 is that the community is becoming shitty. I used to play randomizer all the time and then an update came out breaking the ability to upgrade sentrys in that gamemode as other classes.I litterally fucking waited 8 months for someone to fix this but really? No one fixed it and it seems like there are alot of people who are just bored of the game. Valve isn't making good updates to tf2, and what i mean is that the quality of updates is not attracting enough new players to the game. We are basically left with a shiton of empty tf2 servers. Someone traded me today and asked me "how much for your team captain" I responded with 4.66 ref and they offered 4 ref. I then told them no thanks and before i could ask them to add they claimed crafted hats were worth less. I asked people in that trade server and they responded with "yeah they are worth less if they are crafted." I believe that there are one too many unusual traders than regular traders as a result of refined losing value. This is concerning to me as they seem to dominate the trade servers nowadays.

The problem with tf2 is that the community is becoming shitty. I used to play randomizer all the time and then an update came out

sentries are the anti-fun of the game anyway so I don't see how this is a problem.

the recent updates of mannpower mode should be right up some peoples alleys, as it seems like it was ripped directly from a server that runs a ton of custom plugins and gamemodes.

i play tf2 probably 3-4 times a week and have never had trouble finding a game that was almost full

#searchfiltersettings

TF2 isn't going anywhere for quite a while. Even after valve officially throws in the towel on it, I see (or at least hope they will) them handing the game over to the community for them to continue making future updates for it. I see another 10 years in it at least. Definitely not with the popularity it once had, but I still see a long future for it. Oh, and comp ain't dead. Not by any means. Just cuz the super-star names have left, doesn't mean that the plethora of other teams in lower divisions have left also.

I actually really like Star and his viewpoints. Like I know everyone is like "I WANA AIWSHAWT LIKE STAWW_! 

BUT DOOK, I WANNA MAWKIT GAWDIN LAIK STAWW_!!"

but I actually think he makes good content

Hm I need to make a video to get paid more money, but I am out of ideas...
:o sudden realization!   :o

Title: Is TF2 dying?
Description: nobody reads it anyway
Views: Lots

Proceed to a video that is just an opinion piece, based on a very small and selective sample of what actually is going on.

Said opinion is then repeated ad nauseum by fanboys who desperately want to be closer to the object of their infatuation.

Cough cough mann co store cough cough

These youtubers shouldn't feel like they're chained to one game and it's not like the tf2 community to expect them to, that's why it has become so great. Just let them leave if they want to, their absence will only allow smaller channels to feel the love a lot more then they currently are (muselk and array7 are great examples). Tf2 will only start to dwindle when no one is left to step up to the YouTube plate.

These youtubers shouldn't feel like they're chained to one game and it's not like the tf2 community to expect them to, that's why it has become so great. Just let them leave if they want to, their absence will only allow smaller channels to feel the love a lot more then they currently are (muselk and array7 are great examples). Tf2 will only start to dwindle when no one is left to step up to the YouTube plate.

I knew arrayseven back when he still used free Bandicam 

9244A7161.png

Overwatch seems promising, but nothing NOTHING will EVER kill tf2. Ill chop off my left testicle if tf2 dies

Both Muselk and jerma have positive comment on overwatch. Give the fact that Tf2 seldom update on the map and gamemode and only update the rubbish hat, I don't see any reason why overwatch can't kill TF2 easily. Star is only one of the typical examples that people who are tired of tf2. What if other players in tf2 found it boring when they played it for a long time. I am also tired of tf2 now.

TF2 will actually die. 

Now the chance of tf2 die is fifty-fifty. If overwatch is f2p, the chance is even higher. Nothing u can do. All u can do is to cash out and prepare so that when tf2 die, u will not lose a lot. (gl for that guy who just bought Burning tc.......)

Even if overwatch can't kill tf2, tf2 community will be much weaker than before. Circulation of items become much slower. Eventually tf2 will die........However, don't be sad.

Both Muselk and jerma have positive comment on overwatch. Give the fact that Tf2 seldom update on the map and gamemode and only update the rubbish hat, I don't see any reason why overwatch can't kill TF2 easily. Star is only one of the typical examples that people who are tired of tf2. What if other players in tf2 found it boring when they played it for a long time. I am also tired of tf2 now.

TF2 will actually die. 

Now the chance of tf2 die is fifty-fifty. If overwatch is f2p, the chance is even higher. Nothing u can do. All u can do is to cash out and prepare so that when tf2 die, u will not lose a lot. (gl for that guy who just bought Burning tc.......)

Even if overwatch can't kill tf2, tf2 community will be much weaker than before. Circulation of items become much slower. Eventually tf2 will die........However, don't be sad.

I'll start from the beginning, just because Overwatch has been rated positively doesn't mean it is "DA TEE-EFF-TOO KILLA". Even in STAR_'s video, he says Overwatch is more like CS:GO than TF2. Also, I think people keep forgetting, we had an update with a new gamemode and new weapons and stats in December. Though everyone just says that hats have been updated. Are you living under a fucking rock? If you're tired of TF2, great. Go. Actions overpower words.

No shit TF2 will die. Eventually, it will, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. There still is an active community, plenty of full servers, and an economy (true, it's inflated to the moon, but this game has an economy, most don't).

Overwatch won't be f2p. It's Blizzard. It will probably be a p2p with micro-transactions out their fucking asses. Just my prediction. YouTubers probably got access to exclusive content. Blizzard gets good reviews by famous YouTubers = droolies buying the game.

Your last line makes fuck-all sense. You supply no evidence. You state for a fact that is will be weaker... Are you a fucking psychic? Oh, and the circulation of items will be slower? What, are they putting fucking tariffs on TF2 items now? No and no. Therefore, you know nothing.

As I would say on an unproof'd suggestion, "Where's the proof?"

Archived