Why...

Hoxton11

To discourage people trading with scammers so that scammers have a harder time selling their stuff which is supposed to lead to fewer scammers

It's supposed to help but it ultimately leads to more people getting marked meaning more people will start scamming.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you get marked if you KNOWINGLY trade with a scammer.

You can also get marked for trading high value items with scammers several times or with obvious scammer alts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you get marked if you KNOWINGLY trade with a scammer.

I don't think they give a shit if you trade an item under around 4 keys though.  Selling craft hats to a scammer means nothing in terms of being marked.

Stupidest rule in the book. Some high tier community members like Cedar or Angel have had their trading careers ruined because of some mishaps

I don't think they give a shit if you trade an item under around 4 keys though.  Selling craft hats to a scammer means nothing in terms of being marked.

the basic rule is check for items > 6 keys but sr encourages you to check even for lower items and knowingly trading anything is an instant mark

So trading with an alt of an account who has traded with an alt of a scammer will also get you marked? If that is how it works it's a bit dumb.

Archived