Step 1: Go to backpack.tf unusual pricelists

Step 2: Find your unusual

Step 3: Take backpack.tf's 2 year old inflated price

Step 4: Insult people who offer you less

Step 5: pROf1t!!!!!!!!11!1!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted · Hidden by puddingkip, March 5, 2015 - spam
Hidden by puddingkip, March 5, 2015 - spam

What steps you take , how do you price the unusual , etc

Find a valve server, trade anyone with an unusual, offer them a scrap, trade, done.

step 1. buy/unbox unusual

step 2. get scammed

Step 1: Get a Key

Step 2: Unbox burning Team Caption

Step 3: Sell it for 2buds pure

Step 4: Profit

Step 5: Repeat

step 1. buy/unbox unusual

step 2. get scammed

step 1. unbox unusual

step 2. sell it for 2 craft hats(I know a guy who did this).

1) unbox 2 unusuals

2) craft together to get a hat

1. obtain unusual

2. come here to sell it

3. lose all your profit

4. profit!

Look for sellers on outpost, classifieds etc.

Try and find quicksells on outpost or trade servers (are nice) and resell them for profit.

Or just unbox

Good luck :D

Guys this is not the great below, behave yourselves

Naming the most common newbies' mistakes isn't a spam. Though another one "how to make profit" thread with the same meta-reply "buy low sell high" kinda looks like spam to me.

I've been unusual trading for around 5-6 months now. I started from 1$ worked my way up to 10 pure keys and now I'm at a Orbiting fire Team Captain, Orbiting fire Milkman and have many other things like this. I would suggest buying cheap and selling for 1-2 keys profit in pure on a 20 key hat. Also get to know what effects are wanted and their generations, the same for hats. Just don't expect that your going to be good and make 1000$ a week. You'll be lucky to make 10$ a week at your stage. Good luck if you have anymore problems feel me to add me on steam.

Blue~

Naming the most common newbies' mistakes isn't a spam. Though another one "how to make profit" thread with the same meta-reply "buy low sell high" kinda looks like spam to me.

A guy asked you how to make profit and you told him to sell an unusual for 2 craft hats. I know this was meant as a joke, but this is not the place. You can make a joke in your post and then contribute in the same post. But just making a (bad) joke in a serious discussion is considered as spam. If you have problems with my moderating feel free to tell me or another staff member.

Now back to topic:

I have not done unusual trading for quite a while but I'm confident I still got the basics. If you have an unusual you should list it on trading sites for the price you want to sell it for. If you get an unusual offer my first step is checking the past suggestions on backpack.tf. The prices there are only guidelines but are based off past sales. If a week ago the hat was priced at x keys with several recent sales at that price that's a very good indication that the listed value is good for you to use. If it's an old price (1 month +) or unpriced what I did was find sales using histories and base it off that. If even that's not possible it comes down to guesswork based on the price of other effects on the same hat.

Even though many people say you should quickbuy and then resell them for pure I find that reselling for unusuals is more profitable. For instance you buy a 1 bud hat, resell it for a 1.2 bud hat and so forth until you have high tier hats. This does require a bit better market knowledge and patience though

Try and find quicksells on outpost or trade servers (are nice) and resell them for profit.

Or just unbox

I've been unusual trading for around 5-6 months now. I started from 1$ worked my way up to 10 pure keys and now I'm at a Orbiting fire Team Captain, Orbiting fire Milkman and have many other things like this. I would suggest buying cheap and selling for 1-2 keys profit in pure on a 20 key hat. Also get to know what effects are wanted and their generations, the same for hats. Just don't expect that your going to be good and make 1000$ a week. You'll be lucky to make 10$ a week at your stage. Good luck if you have anymore problems feel me to add me on steam.

Blue~

A guy asked you how to make profit and you told him to sell an unusual for 2 craft hats. I know this was meant as a joke, but this is not the place. You can make a joke in your post and then contribute in the same post. But just making a (bad) joke in a serious discussion is considered as spam. If you have problems with my moderating feel free to tell me or another staff member.

Now back to topic:

I have not done unusual trading for quite a while but I'm confident I still got the basics. If you have an unusual you should list it on trading sites for the price you want to sell it for. If you get an unusual offer my first step is checking the past suggestions on backpack.tf. The prices there are only guidelines but are based off past sales. If a week ago the hat was priced at x keys with several recent sales at that price that's a very good indication that the listed value is good for you to use. If it's an old price (1 month +) or unpriced what I did was find sales using histories and base it off that. If even that's not possible it comes down to guesswork based on the price of other effects on the same hat.

Even though many people say you should quickbuy and then resell them for pure I find that reselling for unusuals is more profitable. For instance you buy a 1 bud hat, resell it for a 1.2 bud hat and so forth until you have high tier hats. This does require a bit better market knowledge and patience though

Thanks for the replies guys : D

I think you misunderstood me

I myself am not a noob at unusual trading ( ~10bud bp)

But im just asking how do you guys price hats

Like how much do you price a stormy noble nickel , and the steps taken to price it

But thanks guys :)

Guys this is not the great below, behave yourselves

I apologise for my post. I was studying (procrastinating) and disregarded what subforum I was in.

Anyway, even with my backpack value, I'm not very good at unusual trading with the highest value unusual I've had was 6.6 Buds ;-;

I prefer to stick with lower value hats where, to me, they sell quicker.

If you have a cancer unusual, it might be better to accept unusual offers that aren't cancer even with no overpay involved.

But im just asking how do you guys price hats

Like how much do you price a stormy noble nickel , and the steps taken to price it

But thanks guys :)

I'm not sure if you mean set a b/o or price suggestion.

Edit:

I'm not entirely sure if you mean me but assuming you are, I appreciate the support c:
When I wrote it I didn't really think it would count as spam but I do understand how it does.

I apologise for my post. I was studying (procrastinating) and disregarded what subforum I was in.

Anyway, even with my backpack value, I'm not very good at unusual trading with the highest value unusual I've had was 6.6 Buds ;-;

I prefer to stick with lower value hats where, to me, they sell quicker.

If you have a cancer unusual, it might be better to accept unusual offers that aren't cancer even with no overpay involved.

I'm not sure if you mean set a b/o or price suggestion.

I mean price suggestions [emoji14]

I mean price suggestions [emoji14]

Ohhhh. It wasn't very clear to me :P

I can't help with that unfortunately D:

I know that people check backpack histories though, looking for new items.

People may also find sellers/buyers and ask how much it was purchased for and ask for a screenshot of the trade.

I really have no idea though, I have huge respect to unusual price suggestors.

Sorry for no help, you should ask d0, polar or aaroncsn or whoever directly and they'll probably give lots of helpful advice :)

When looking at prices for hats, you need to do a decent amount of research.  If you check backpack.tf and click on a particular hat, you can see evidence of previous sales (if any) that can help you get an idea of a ballpark value.  I'll try to help you with a step-by-step and provide some examples.  First of all, here is a list of most of the unusuals in the game:  http://backpack.tf/unusuals.   May seem overwhelming at first, but you can sort the hats by class, effect, # of hats in existence, etc to help find specific items faster.  Be warned, some of the prices listed on backpack.tf are pretty old, but there is a way to search when an item was last priced.  I'll explain in the next few paragraphs.

Here is a specific example and I will follow that up by a more general example.  Lets say you're interested in finding the price of a Green Energy Anger.  You would click this link to go to the listing of Anger unusuals:  http://backpack.tf/unusuals/Anger and you find the Green Energy Anger then hover over it with your mouse and click on the "stats" button.  That will take you to this link:  http://backpack.tf/stats/Unusual/Anger/Tradable/Craftable/9  where you can see the price has been updated five ago and is more than likely pretty accurate.

Now lets say that you're trying to find information on a particular hat and the last price update was 5 months ago.  In that case, I would suggest you hover your mouse over the item of interest (like we did with the Anger) and click on the "Outpost" button.  Here you will see all of the items currently for sale for that particular hat.  Do not take any Buy Outs (B/O's) or payment request by an owner to heart, but it is important to keep them in mind.  Click on the ad and see what offers the person has received to help gauge what a hat is worth.  You have to also keep in mind that a lot of people will submit lowball offers to a seller, so you need to try to get a feel for an owner(s) buy out price and the offers he or she is receiving.

Those are just small tips to help price unusuals, if you have any other specific questions feel free to continue posting in this thread or send me a friend request and I will try to help you out as much as possible.

Or just unbox

NO!

DON'T THROW YOUR MONEY AWAY!

*Ahem* Er, unboxing is a bad idea.

I normally buy Unusuals off the classifieds. There are many quicksellers there, and I've found it easier to buy there than of the highballing lands of TF2OP. The SCM is also a good choice for buying Unusuals.

gl

NO!

DON'T THROW YOUR MONEY AWAY!

*Ahem* Er, unboxing is a bad idea.

I normally buy Unusuals off the classifieds. There are many quicksellers there, and I've found it easier to buy there than of the highballing lands of TF2OP. The SCM is also a good choice for buying Unusuals.

gl

I unboxed 4 crates.

Second crate

3rd gen :( unusual

I unboxed 4 crates.

Second crate

3rd gen :( unusual

Shittiest Unusual is ~9 keys I believe.

9-4=5

You (at least) made off with a 5 key profit (assuming you unboxed the rest).

That's lucky, though. Most people won't unbox an Unusual ever. 1 liek = 1 unsualss

Archived