A question on what set I should buy.

MrPeaches

Buy none? People who charge more for sets are stupid, and people who are willing to pay more for sets are even stupider.

You can find the unusuals for the actual price, or even cheaper. The weapons are overpriced to hell because of pro killstreaks, unless you are into the pro killstreaks, but even then you can find the item individually, buy those for cheaper and apply a killstreak kit that you want, that may be cheaper. An aussie pro ks minigun I can understand, but a collector pro ks festive gloves of running urgently? A pro ks on a crazy overpriced heavy melee, is useless. Same goes for the flare gun, I'd rather get a strange one and the axtinguisher, the pro killstreak is kinda useless.

Stay far away from sets like these. Neither set is worth the amount of buds they are asking for.

It's better to find a hat you really like and build your own set. These are heavily overpriced.

The reason why people sell as "set only" is because there's usually only 1 or 2 items in the set that are actually easy to sell whereas the other items (like the collector's flare or GRUs) wouldn't move for months without the set.  

I personally am a big fan of getting color matching pro. sets to go with your hats, but the guy is also overcharging like crazy for them, it would generally be better just to buy your own so you can get the sheen's and eye effects you want. Also, why in gods name would he get all green eye effects for a pyro set based around a vivid plasma hat? That's just ugly.

Archived