Thoughts on Reactions to (Girl) Gamers

Python.

"I don't get the girl gamer meta. I'm not trying to be a white knight, it's just stupid. It's so obvious they're treated differently than guy gamers just because they have a vagina. I'm not hating on either sex I just"

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/statuses/user/2991-%E2%98%ADpython/?status_id=168126

I play a lot of GMod, and there are a lot more girl gamers than TF2. They get a lot more responses from guy gamers, for obvious reasons, and can get their hands on a great number of things just because of what their voice sounds like. I've seen first hand that girl gamers can easily obtain TS passwords, free items, more viewers or followers on livestream services, etc. Note that I'm not hating on girl gamers (or their personalities), but rather the reaction guys have to them, which I find kind of stupid. A lot of the time, especially TF2, if a girl talks, everyone on the server wants to talk to the player. There have been countless youtube videos addressing this, including animators such as Jaltoid. Anyway, discuss your opinions on this matter

Well, we're wired to respond to females, it's biology

And then you get the concept of, yes, i'm saying this, loneliness;

We'll hunger for almost every kind of attention, whether you be Homo or hetero

We're... 'butter' to them in considerable stances because we want them to be 'ours' per se. It's just us. We give more than receive

tl;dr version

We are meant to follow the female/male (in Gent's case)

tl;dr of tl;dr

Science

This video sums it up:

Personally, I don't care. I treat all gamers the same. The only way I treat girl gamers different is if they use their gender as an excuse or as something to brag about. This is similar to how I treat younger gamers differently; if they act like just any other user, that's fine, but if they micspam or complain I'm going to find them fucking annoying.

There's also that whole scenario where "girl gamers make up 50% of gamers" varies; this includes things as simple as FaceBook or iOS. Gamers who have purchased a $60 game completely change statistics.

Point is, not all gamers are the same, and not all girl gamers are the same either. If you're just there to play the game and not complain or whine, you're completely fine.

I think a good example is this

PresVu is a very untalented dota player who is beloved by so many guys just because she squeals when she is struggling. Its disturbing how many people love her. Another example is Kaceytron, the most famous League of Legends streamer. She is terrible at the game, is a brat to her teammates and cocky as all hell its annoying but she has the most watched stream just because she has boobs.

I support girl gamers and there are a lot of talented female players, what I don't support is guys going crazy just because its a girl or girls taking advantage of these guys.

I think a good example is this

PresVu is a very untalented dota player who is beloved by so many guys just because she squeals when she is struggling. Its disturbing how many people love her. Another example is Kaceytron, the most famous League of Legends streamer. She is terrible at the game, is a brat to her teammates and cocky as all hell its annoying but she has the most watched stream just because she has boobs.

I support girl gamers and there are a lot of talented female players, what I don't support is guys going crazy just because its a girl or girls taking advantage of these guys.

kaceytyron-title-2-500x120.jpg

inb4 everybody starts plays gmod to talk to girls. ayyy

The attention is unreal. I know someone who has gone great lengths to hide their true identity here on steam simply because of all the unwanted attention she got when she used a mic once while playing a game. Adds before adds before adds. People starting awkward conversations only because they wanted to talk to that specific person.

While some people may thrive on the attention, some don't. Which only goes to show how pathetic this community can be at times. Because they don't see themselves others see them and are completely oblivious to the fact.

The girl gamers are not the problem. It's the people around them.

The attention is unreal. I know someone who has gone great lengths to hide their true identity here on steam simply because of all the unwanted attention she got when she used a mic once while playing a game. Adds before adds before adds. People starting awkward conversations only because they wanted to talk to that specific person.

Was i on the forums when they said that? I swear it sounds familiar

Communities of these games are arguably filled with pubescent teenagers

I have no problem with girl gamers unless they annoy me, same goes for a person of male gender.

Was i on the forums when they said that? I swear it sounds familiar

Probably. You might even know the person.

inb4 you

Are they on my list?

Ya got me. It's me! (It's not me)

No but really, I can't say. I know this person irl and has asked for it to be kept this way.

I think anyone who called themeselves "girl gamer" is more about the girl thing than gamer thing. A "gamer" can be both genders and we shouldn't use a speciel term for thoose who were born with a vagina. It should be neutral and equal and it's annoying how some guys just wanna add a girl to talk with her. If you want girlfriend, go outside, you don't know if the person could be lying.

If we make evrything up in such, we'd need terms like "transsexual gamer" too.

I just don't give a fuck as long as they don't call themselves "girl gamer". It's like saying hey I'm a girl car driver, which you don't because it sounds retarded.

Once there was a pretty cool girl that went on the server that I admin for and became friends with everyone. Lots of people gave her games and items, but I was like nahhhhh.

3 months later, turns out she was a guy, whole server freaks out, "she" (he) quits her steam account.

Scary and sketchy af

I don't mind them, treat girl gamers like any other, really. I can't help but cringe when other people kinda go mad because there's one around on a server I'm on though...

Those with their own name followed by hearts and a picture of themselfes are really just attention and item seeking whores

The rest are cool enough  i know a couple of them that arent attention whores or sluts but nice gamers

This is something that's been bothering me for a while. Everyone seems to lose their minds when a female happens to join the server. I, for one, don't really care much at all. If the person is nice, then cool, I might talk to that person. Otherwise, I wouldn't, because 'girl gamers' are just people. 

The title is also really annoying. I know so many girls that play videogames, to give them all the title of 'girl gamer' is just ridiculous. The title implies that they are one in a thousand, but in reality, they're not so hard to find. They may not be as common as men playing games, but there are still quite a few. I think that people need to get over the fact that women play games, because it's really not that amazing. They're just people :^)

doesn't particularly matter to me :< only solid difference is I say "m'lady" to my good female steam friends, and "bruh" to my good male steam friends

I don't care as long we get the job done.

As soon as people start talking through mic about "oh you're a girl, can we be friends", I just leave the server. I don't care if it's in Mannup (mostly why I'm in TF2), but if anyone start talking and forgets about why they're there for I quit.

Believe me or not, but I've run into a lot of male players who adorn the female gamers as soon as she mics I just had to quit. I've been in missions where the players, especially if they are playing a Scout/Demoman, who made us miss money, and failed the wave completely not once, but twice or thrice.

It sickens me to the stomach. I just want the loot and run. xD

Archived