Being called a sharker

✖DirectX2✖#Busy

Note: First Post on Forums

Couple hours ago I bought a frostbite prince tavish crown for 1 bud and a few items. Now, this item had no price and the trader asked for a bud. After we traded, I looked on outpost and saw that another guy had been selling the same unusual, for 8 bud. I was scared because I thought I had sharked. I went off the fact that he'd gotten offers of 4 buds + and decided to sell my unusual for another, I went through a list and sent 2-3 offers. Eventually a guy added me and said "hi". He was one of the offers I had sent. Before him adding I had saw "1 new item" and I clicked on it. It was a trade offer I had sent eariler and it was accepted. I said to the guy " sorry just sold" and unfriended him. He posted in my comments saying that I shouldn't send too many offers or something along the lines of that. Later, he said " btw nice sharking". I have never sharked anyone before and I don't plan to. I'm not a "new" trader because I have 3 years on steam. I just don't know if I will be reported or not. 

Thanks for your feedback,

DirectX2

Welp, As a ex shark myself I can easily tell you that you are safe. He asked for a bud, and accepted your trade offer. I could send you a trade offer for a scrap for one of your unusuals. if you accepted, does that make me a shark? no, not really. You did get a great deal though, so props to you, but don't return it. If he told you the price, it is NEVER a shark if you accept the price he gave, even if he didn't know it's true value.

Edit: A lot of the time People are just butthurt and jealous you got a great deal, and beat them to it. He could also be mad that you didn't accept his low ball.

Ex: my trade with the Woodsman

isn't it a shark if you misrepresent (lie about) the value of items involved?  sounds like you didn't do this

The unusual isn't worth 8 buds. PPM is just highballing.

also 1 bud for it isn't a terrible deal. the item is worth around 3-4 so you paid around 25-30~ percent of the price which is more then tf2outpost's 20% rule. so it's not considered a shark.

I feel much better now, thanks

No problem, I really know how you feel lmao, One of the worst feelings in the world. Props to you on your profit though, Keep trading!

-Venom

You're fine. It was unpriced and he asked for a bud. If it was priced at much more and you told him that it was only worth a bud to get a good deal, then you goofed.

As it stands, the dude was butthurt he didn't get the Unusual he wanted. If anything keep a record of the trade history and conversation just to protect yourself from any SR Reports.

Archived