TF2 Minimizing and Not Opening

Kevin the Chicken God

Similar to a thread Fenrir posted a little while ago, but I never found a solution

Whenever I launch TF2, the game automatically minimizes and will stay minimized for 5-10 minutes. Sometimes while I'm playing it, the game will minimize itself and I am unable to reopen it.

This only happens in TF2, however in all games I own every 10-15 minutes the windows error-popup noise thing will play. I've tried a few solutions, but the only plausible one so far seems that running Chrome on Aero will affect it somehow.

Similar to a thread Fenrir posted a little while ago, but I never found a solution

Whenever I launch TF2, the game automatically minimizes and will stay minimized for 5-10 minutes. Sometimes while I'm playing it, the game will minimize itself and I am unable to reopen it.

This only happens in TF2, however in all games I own every 10-15 minutes the windows error-popup noise thing will play. I've tried a few solutions, but the only plausible one so far seems that running Chrome on Aero will affect it somehow.

Try playing in borderless windowed 

Steam > games list > TF2 > Properties > 'set launch options' > type in: "-sw -noborder" 

You never replied to the advice I gave on the previous thread about the same question.

If this doesn't work:

-dxlevel 81

then it's probably an isolated problem with your graphics card. Try updating it if it's not the latest version, and if it IS the latest version, try downgrading to the earliest version.

Steam > games list > TF2 > Properties > 'set launch options' > type in: "-sw -noborder" 

thanks, I'll try this

You never replied to the advice I gave on the previous thread about the same question.

If this doesn't work:

-dxlevel 81

then it's probably an isolated problem with your graphics card. Try updating it if it's not the latest version, and if it IS the latest version, try downgrading to the earliest version.

just because I didn't reply doesn't mean I didn't try everything you recommended :)

thanks, I'll try this

just because I didn't reply doesn't mean I didn't try everything you recommended :)

Mm okay.

Interesting problem though. You don't have a Nvidia card like Fenrir's then?

Mm okay.

Interesting problem though. You don't have a Nvidia card like Fenrir's then?

I actually do, that might be what's causing the issue

if I don't play tf2 for like a week then it launches fine first try, it only happens when I play multiple times over the course of a few days

Even if it doesn't solve your problem, keep it like that. It looks fullscreen, but alt-tabbing works faster, you can have other windows on top of it, and other stuff.

Even if it doesn't solve your problem, keep it like that. It looks fullscreen, but alt-tabbing works faster, you can have other windows on top of it, and other stuff.

Well, that's something I might use from now on. I remember having the game maximized making me lag more than fullscreen, but that was a long time ago. Guess I should give it another go.

Archived