Is This Raffle Idea Legal?

Dj_YeeJ

So I had an idea for a raffle-esque contest based off of how radios give away tickets and whatnot.

So if I were to take an unusual worth a bud and say "The 12th person to send me a trade offer of a key for a random scrap in my backpack gets the unusual" would that be a legitimate contest?

To show proof I would use the screenshots of all of the trade offers I received.

Also would I be able to accept offers for keys after the 12th if I specified "This contest will end 30 minutes after the 12th key."? Because people willingly enter the contest and the rules are specified.

Idk I was just wondering it seems like a decent alternative to raffles.

Thanks for feedback!

Seems like a bad scam attempt and you should feel bad. Find a nice trading server and have a reputable admin host a buy in raffle for you, then give him part of the winnings for hosting.

Sounds sooooo much like a scam.

Ok, but if it were run by a completely reputable person legitimately, would it work?

No-one would enter it, but sure. There's no "legality" behind raffles. As long as you didn't run off with the keys, which you're gonna do anyway if you're doing this lol.

The difference between this and radio giveaways is that the radio stations aren't charging you to call them.

Yep, that's the jobs of the shit-scum phone companies.

Nothing is sacred.

Archived