Scripts and rules

Another evan

Hopefully I'm doing this right, it's my first time on the forums. Would using a simple bumping script be against the rules?

The rules don't say so, but they're sparse. Reason being that I don't make anywhere near enough to cover the donation cost to use the official one,

and I've got a lot of items up at the moment, and it's getting tedious. Any answers would be appreciated, hopefully I put this in the right category.

For those of you saying obviously .. no where in the rules does it say he can't do that. It may seem logical that he can't do that, but if mods want to police / ban someone for this than they better put it in the rules

For those of you saying obviously .. no where in the rules does it say he can't do that. It may seem logical that he can't do that, but if mods want to police / ban someone for this than they better put it in the rules

Its common sense that the use of scripts to gain privileges which you would otherwise have to donate/pay for is banned, same reason why sharing premium search/accounts is ban able.

Most trading websites allow the use of scripts not as long as you're not using it to gain privileges which others have to pay for or if the script itself can be abused. E.g. outpost allows scripts so the user can see prices from bp.tf and links to to backpack but they will ban you if you create a auto bump/bump all trades script

There are plenty of scripts available on the forums might want to check them out :)

Reason being that I don't make anywhere near enough to cover the donation cost to use the official one,

and I've got a lot of items up at the moment, and it's getting tedious.

This is a free to use website and bp.tf practically runs off small donations and premium members, if you would like auto bump features think a key donation isn't too much to ask to support the site you use...

Its common sense that the use of scripts to gain privileges which you would otherwise have to donate/pay for is banned, same reason why sharing premium search/accounts is ban able.

Most trading websites allow the use of scripts not as long as you're not using it to gain privileges which others have to pay for or if the script itself can be abused. E.g. outpost allows scripts so the user can see prices from bp.tf and links to to backpack but they will ban you if you create a auto bump/bump all trades script

There are plenty of scripts available on the forums might want to check them out :)

This is a free to use website and bp.tf practically runs off small donations and premium members, if you would like auto bump features think a key donation isn't too much to ask to support the site you use...

You actually have to donate a little over 2 keys to get autobump, but the donation is still worth it.

I'm very confused now...Isn't that a recurring monthly payment? Also I know it -seemed- obvious, but i just assumed it would have been somewhere in the rules if it was 100% banned.

And I really have no idea how the forums work, I've always been awful at navigating site layouts, I didn't even know there were subforums...

I'm very confused now...Isn't that a recurring monthly payment? Also I know it -seemed- obvious, but i just assumed it would have been somewhere in the rules if it was 100% banned.

And I really have no idea how the forums work, I've always been awful at navigating site layouts, I didn't even know there were subforums...

Auto bump is a perk of donator+ upwards. Donator+ is a one time payment and you never have to donate again to keep the auto bump privilege 

Auto bump is a perk of donator+ upwards. Donator+ is a one time payment and you never have to donate again to keep the auto bump privilege 

Alright, thank you for making that clear. Also, what subforum should I have posted in? I assumed since it dealt with scripting it would go here, unless I didn't actually post this where I thought I did.

Alright, thank you for making that clear. Also, what subforum should I have posted in? I assumed since it dealt with scripting it would go here, unless I didn't actually post this where I thought I did.

Donators get auto bump its a one off payment, you seem to have gotten mixed up between donators and premium XD

Premium, monthly payment = purple name, hat/rare item search, auto bump, badge...etc

Donor, one off payment= coloured name depending on how much you donated, badge and auto bump

In regards to which forum it should have went to website discussions as your thread is about bp.tf (you can also find scripts for other websites there) it isn't that big of a deal if you get it wrong so don't worry too much about it

Donators get auto bump its a one off payment, you seem to have gotten mixed up between donators and premium XD

Premium, monthly payment = purple name, hat/rare item search, auto bump, badge...etc

Donor, one off payment= coloured name depending on how much you donated, badge and auto bump

In regards to which forum it should have went to website discussions as your thread is about bp.tf (you can also find scripts for other websites there) it isn't that big of a deal if you get it wrong so don't worry too much about it

Oh, that makes sense now. I guess I just got confused and figured it was sort of a tech question. I thought it was $5 a month for the auto bump, which is usually more than I make in a month with trading. I...think I can mark this as solved? Hopefully I understand that bit. Thank you for your help ^-^

Backpack.tf should not base their rules off of "common sense." I should not have to guess what the rules are, that's just not fair. 

Backpack.tf should not base their rules off of "common sense." I should not have to guess what the rules are, that's just not fair. 

I know rules...etc should be clear and specific but we have never really been good at that and it has never been on mod's priority either that very fact that our currency rules and cooldown is only visible on the forums being lost to the public/new users unless they are actively searching should say enough. Ive reached out to mods a few times in the past (*Cough* http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/18316-organise-the-pinned-threads-in-general-website-discussions/*cough*) and nothing has ever really been done, i even offered to do the work for them but no one reached out so :L

All in all it's better to use some common sense than to risk getting banned because you are trying to get away with it based on technicality. It's like users who try to get away with trading with scammers but use the excuse that "they werent marked" and it's wide spread knowledge that steamrep is just horrible with their 6month+ backlog to get anyone marked.

Archived