Need some modding help on the Steam client.

drljacajebog

So i was tampering with steam a bit, and i found a secret "Console" menu... so i tampered with it too.
And i found some interesting commands in it, but the most interesting one is the "open" command.

Now people thought its impossible to use the steam client as a web browser, well thats where i need help.

Inserting the "open www.google.com" command in the console will take you to the google search engine.

so i was thinking that someone here could add a tab next to the "store, library, community and the *Your name* tab. And here is the proof for "pix or it dednt harpoon" below

post-8388-0-89722300-1422797227_thumb.jpg

So i was tampering with steam a bit, and i found a secret "Console" menu... so i tampered with it too.

And i found some interesting commands in it, but the most interesting one is the "open" command.

Now people thought its impossible to use the steam client as a web browser, well thats where i need help.

Inserting the "open www.google.com" command in the console will take you to the google search engine.

so i was thinking that someone here could add a tab next to the "store, library, community and the *Your name* tab. And here is the proof for "pix or it dednt harpoon" below

A tab for what? The url bar is restricted and the only way to open a site is to use the console open command.

And you can't add new tabs anyway because the client is hardcoded.

Yes, i know the url bar is restricted im not a pickle.

But for the latter, im not sure, could you just change the command on one of the buttons?

And the tab would be just to automatically take you to the site, without needing to have the console enabled

Archived